More PCSO Embarrassment - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I read in the article that the department refused to comment because it doesn't comment on "active investigations." Well if everyone was cleared, and all of the charges were dropped against the soccer mom, why is there an active investigation?
    No one "beat up" on anyone. She wasn't following instructions and was being controlled on the counter. Belly chain and handcuffs were removed and reapplied. Jewelery was being removed. If anyone was seen smiling, it was probably out of pure disbelief at how the woman was acting. Whether it's your first time or onehundreth time in jail, there's an expected type of behavior needed to proceed through the process. Let's not call this, or make this more than it is.

Unregistered
    What is sad is all of the comments from supposedly big strong men supporting one of their own beating upon on a middle aged soccer mom. Cowards one and all.
    The only thing that is sad is you watched the same video the rest of us did and all it shows is someone getting pinned against a counter so they stop moving or pulling away. If you think that is “beating” ur a puzzy

Unregistered
    What is sad is all of the comments from supposedly big strong men supporting one of their own beating upon on a middle aged soccer mom. Cowards one and all.
    it's not about anyone getting "beat up" it's strictly about compliance and ahe was not.

Unregistered
    The only thing that will matter will be what the jury thinks if or when this thing goes to trial. Several key components:

- were permanent injuries sustained? Disability? This will be up to a doctor(s) to decide.

- were the injuries caused by the jail staff?

- was force needed to control the victim?

- was the force justifiable and reasonable?

- if force was needed was it excessive given the size of the victim and jail individuals involved?

Unregistered
    I was raised that real men don't beat up women. Unless they have a badge I guess. And they all seem so proud of it as if it were an accomplishment.

Unregistered
    it's not about anyone getting "beat up" it's strictly about compliance and ahe was not.
    And where exactly was this massive noncompliance that required manhandling the poor woman by almost breaking her arms?

Unregistered
    I watched the entire video with an open mind. I waited for the big event where I would go, “Oh that was way out of line.” It never materialized. It never happened. She was arrested by SPPD first off. And just like many arrests, the state not filing has nothing to do with whether or not the arrest was good or bad. And the jail doesn’t care what got you there. You come in, get searched, asked a few questions, go to the phones and process on. Bond out or wait. She was treated like anyone else and told what to do. She didn’t listen. Who’s fault is that. No one beat anyone up. They calmly controlled her, that’s all. Don’t like it? Run for sheriff. Good luck!!!

Unregistered
    I was raised that real men don't beat up women. Unless they have a badge I guess. And they all seem so proud of it as if it were an accomplishment.
    Well listen Mister Manners go through the corrections academy and get a job at the jail. Let us k ow if sex or race matter when processing an inmate. And I didn’t see anyone high fixing anyone else or making a spectacle out of this non-compliant soccer mom. Makes me wonder if you have some sort of agenda. Hmm.

Unregistered
    The only thing that will matter will be what the jury thinks if or when this thing goes to trial. Several key components:

- were permanent injuries sustained? Disability? This will be up to a doctor(s) to decide.

- were the injuries caused by the jail staff?

- was force needed to control the victim?

- was the force justifiable and reasonable?

- if force was needed was it excessive given the size of the victim and jail individuals involved?
    Hey douche bag internet lawyer, who cares? And guess what? It’s been ruled justified. That means it was within policy. Can’t sue the deputies. They didn’t do anything wrong anyway. So good luck suing the Sheriff for being treated like any other non-compliant arrestee. And no decent lawyer will take this to civil court or federal court because they will lose. So put that in your pipe and smoke that Perry Mason.

Unregistered
    And where exactly was this massive noncompliance that required manhandling the poor woman by almost breaking her arms?
    There is nothing in the video justifying twisting her arms to the degree which it may have caused serious physical damage. That's why it was an excessive use of force, all you have to do is read the "use of force continuum" taught to every academy and in the mandatory annual training.

This mirrors a similar situation during which a female's arms were excessively twisted behind her back and straight up by a booking corporal. Her arm was broken and the agency was sued and had to pay damages. There are hotheads at the jail and they tend to work the booking areas because they like to inflict pain and buck for promotions, and can't work the wings because they have no IPC skills.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast