Misdemeanor theft threshold amount
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Misdemeanor theft threshold amount

I guess that means less work for the district detectives, which we now have a set of FIVE detective units instead of four due to the implementation of our fifth district.

More dumped on patrol. Although we have a fifth district now, they removed the patrol mid shift just to be able to staff the 5 districts with THE SAME amount of patrol units, so no change for us. In fact, even less deputies due to having to fill all the non patrol positions in D5.

Now patrol will be working more detective type cases with literally no time and no resources to follow up on. All while being required to have our reports done by the end of the shift. Whereas, detectives have 14 days and not answer calls. Add alerts, daily email notifications, blotter, our own crime scene processing, evidence, no mid shift, being short handed. We do the jobs of way too many other sections and other agencies. When does it end? How many deputies have to quit to get some help!? We are drowning. Will someone in the mid command level to grow balls and stand up for us? Or is that a career ender for them? What is more important?

These retail thieves are going to have a field day. Not to mention most complicated retail theft cases with leads happen towards the end of the day shift with no relief.
    Retail thefts are already made way overcomplicated. And for what? APAD? JAAP? Remember CRA only reports? How about common sense? Tying up units for sometimes a week to work these easily preventable money making scams these retailers run.

Tip 411, eye on crime, tag reading software... for what? Whats the point if there is no one to respond? Its like giving a person with no arms and no legs a second set of eyes. Whats the point? All bark and no bite. When will patrol be given the time, resources to work all the extra crap, a second shift, or at a minimum a released environment in which to approach investigations from a calm supported center.

This does reflect back on how we come across to citizens.

This does affect moral.

These self serving leaders need to put themselves in our shoes for once. Stop putting the office jockeys first over the real emergency first responders.

Unregistered
    Don’t like it? THEN QUIT!!!

Unregistered
    I don't necessarily agree with adjusting theft for inflation, but it won't really change what I do. It's either going to be here's your request for prosecution or NFL, case inactivated. Although I do feel sorry for the people with Walmart's in their zone. But honestly, with a shoplift, you either have a body or Teleserve can take it. You know, if they feel like working that day.

I admit I did laugh when I read in the news the justification some politician made for the change. Not wanting someone to be a felon just for stealing a smartphone. One, don't steal. Two, no one is adjudicated on their first 3rd degree felony. Court rules require a withhold as I learned after someone punched me the first time. You have to have been at the court house a few times before you start wracking up felony convictions. That's not even counting plea downs from the State.

Unregistered

Overtime

Make that OT/comp. then use it. Old school. I retired as a detective making captain pay. OT is great

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don’t like it? THEN QUIT!!!
    Working on it.

Unregistered
    I don't necessarily agree with adjusting theft for inflation, but it won't really change what I do. It's either going to be here's your request for prosecution or NFL, case inactivated. Although I do feel sorry for the people with Walmart's in their zone. But honestly, with a shoplift, you either have a body or Teleserve can take it. You know, if they feel like working that day.

I admit I did laugh when I read in the news the justification some politician made for the change. Not wanting someone to be a felon just for stealing a smartphone. One, don't steal. Two, no one is adjudicated on their first 3rd degree felony. Court rules require a withhold as I learned after someone punched me the first time. You have to have been at the court house a few times before you start wracking up felony convictions. That's not even counting plea downs from the State.
    They ease up on the criminals all while bogging us down. This liberal joke of a state will be the next California. How about prevent these crimes from the go? Maybe have retailers not bait them to happen in order to make money with their civil demands and us as their puppets.

Unregistered
    There are retailers of one form or another on just about every corner in this growing county. We are not keeping up. Why don't they try to prevent these thefts like they used to?

Unregistered
    Ok, know-it-all geniuses. What should the correct policy be? Since you know soooo much more than the leadership. And don’t say “send them all to jail!” because that is not what the citizens want. Don’t confuse the opinions of your group of azzhole friends and family as being the opinions of the whole county. The county is leaning toward a more professional and controlled approach to criminal justice and the sheriff is doing his best to find the right balance. None of the citizenry want cops running around like jackbooted thugs, dragging minor offenders to jail and ruining people’s lives over BS. Get with the times and become a professional.

Unregistered
    Ok, know-it-all geniuses. What should the correct policy be? Since you know soooo much more than the leadership. And don’t say “send them all to jail!” because that is not what the citizens want. Don’t confuse the opinions of your group of azzhole friends and family as being the opinions of the whole county. The county is leaning toward a more professional and controlled approach to criminal justice and the sheriff is doing his best to find the right balance. None of the citizenry want cops running around like jackbooted thugs, dragging minor offenders to jail and ruining people’s lives over BS. Get with the times and become a professional.

"Ruining people's lives or BS"?

You mean like breaking the law? No one held a gun to their head and forced them to steal. That's part of the problem. Our society has gone soft and no one wants to be held accountable for their actions.

Unregistered
    "Ruining people's lives or BS"?

You mean like breaking the law? No one held a gun to their head and forced them to steal. That's part of the problem. Our society has gone soft and no one wants to be held accountable for their actions.
    Great question. Steaming from someone is a crime. Why is it wrong to punish them?

Also, with all this weakening of our laws, why is our workload going up? Why all the JAAP, APAD, now all misdemeanor patrol cases?? How about lets just NFL NRE right on scene? Spare us the BS data gathering work. How about that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast