When citizen complaints are more important than task force arrests

Unregistered

When citizen complaints are more important than task force arrests

Tony's news conference the other day was quite revealing. Agency wide training on complaints and use of force. Had to resort to a training option in order to discipline one of its task force members. I noticed he did not mention what training technique the officer should have used. Based on a handful of complaints, Tony disbanded the task force participation, so they could be reassigned to enforce prostitution. Prolific, violent, repeat offenders just generated to many complaints. A SO Sgt was shot, SPPD Sgt intentionally ran into by a stolen car, two innocent citizens killed by these thugs in stolen cars, but prostitution is a higher priority? What your witnessing, a police chief, that understands that PWT is much more PR friendly than hard nosed police work. This is why the average police officer understands that the more proactive you are, the higher the frequency of getting complained on, and the higher likelihood that police administrators will not support you. Real police work isnt pretty, so its just easier to avoid doing it. Now you understand Tony's philosophy on policing.

Unregistered
    so he brought back street crimes. big whoop, only a matter of time til that unit's gone too.

Unregistered
    Actually Tony can now sit back and blame the Sheriff when crap hits the fan, arresting these thugs. How embarrassing can it be that thugs in your city, wreaking havoc on your residents, supposedly cant find the manpower to participate in this task force? What could be a higher priority than going after and arresting these prolific thugs? If I were the Sheriff, I would pull my people out of there ASAP. If Tony doesnt see it as a priority, the Sheriff shouldn't either!

Unregistered
    I disagree. If I were the Sheriff I would double down. Put twice as many people in his VCTF and have them exclusively work in south St Pete. Show Tony just how lawless his city really is.

Unregistered
    Last post is on point. Tony is lost. He is confused, clueless.

Unregistered
    Is there not one black leader or elected politician that thinks the PD should go after these prolific criminals that the task force was created to pursue? Does the Mayor think its alright for these thugs to steal cars, crash into and kill innocent motorists? Why is the Mayor getting a pass on this? Black on black crime is rampant in the Burg. You cant watch the local nightly news without a story or two about shootings, murders, etc happening in these primarily black areas. The victims and the suspects are almost always black. Is there not anybody that cares about the innocent blacks that are the victims of this black on black crime?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I disagree. If I were the Sheriff I would double down. Put twice as many people in his VCTF and have them exclusively work in south St Pete. Show Tony just how lawless his city really is.
    He did. More deputies in VCTF now. Soufsiders it ain’t over, it just got worse.

Unregistered
    Last post is on point. Tony is lost. He is confused, clueless.
    Sadly, he thinks he is still at Clearwater. Had high hopes when he got here. He, like many other past Chiefs, is a pawn of the Mayors office.

Unregistered
    Sadly, he thinks he is still at Clearwater. Had high hopes when he got here. He, like many other past Chiefs, is a pawn of the Mayors office.
    He has literally nothing for us while he’s here except make terrible decisions in administering punishment. You ask officers on the street and ask what Holloway brought to the department. The typical answer is “blue uniforms” and “tint on cruisers.” And blue uniforms were coming whether or not Tony was going to be chief or not.