+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 82
 
  1. #41
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm a Parkland resident and yes FBI DROPPED THE BALL. Unfortunately Mr. Israel ended up taking the blame. He is a very nice man and never did wrong. We will vote for you again Mr. Israel.
    No Patti Lynn, you live in Tamarac and you are drunk, again.

  2. #42
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No Patti Lynn, you live in Tamarac and you are drunk, again.
    Do you think she still drinks Bartles & James or just chugs the box wines? Me personally, I can picture this keyboard pirate in front of the computer with a box o' wine and a solo cup.

  3. #43
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you think she still drinks Bartles & James or just chugs the box wines? Me personally, I can picture this keyboard pirate in front of the computer with a box o' wine and a solo cup.
    I like her already! Is she hot? If not, Id hit it anyway.

  4. #44
    Unregistered
    Guest

    You do? You would? Call me, sailor

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I like her already! Is she hot? If not, Id hit it anyway.

  5. #45
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rick Scott says FBI won’t answer questions about mishandled tip on Parkland shooter
    By David Smiley
    August 09, 2019 04:14 PM, Updated 6 hours 29 minutes ago

    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...233705667.html

    Republican Florida Sen. Rick Scott is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to pry more information out of the FBI about how the agency failed to act on tips about a former Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student who killed 17 people in Parkland last year at his old school.

    In the six months before the attack, the FBI received two tips warning that Nikolas Cruz was a school shooter in the making. One tip, phoned in to the FBI’s national call center by someone close to Cruz, offered alarming detail only weeks before the attack but was never forwarded to the FBI’s South Florida field office, as protocol required.

    Scott, who was governor of Florida at the time of the Parkland shooting, has repeatedly pressed federal investigators for information about why the tips were mishandled and what the FBI has done to make sure it never happens again. When the FBI first acknowledged the missed tips, Scott demanded unsuccessfully that FBI Director Christopher Wray resign.

    Now a U.S. senator, Scott wrote Thursday to Attorney General Bill Barr complaining that the FBI has withheld information from him and the parents of slain students and faculty.

    “I urge you to seek answers from Director Wray that have been denied to the victims’ families and make sure these documented failures by his agency will never happen again,” Scott wrote.

    A spokeswoman for the FBI wouldn’t comment Friday. The DOJ didn’t respond to a request for comment.

    But in a July 30 letter responding to a request for information that Scott made back in April, Jill C. Tyson, the head of the FBI’s office of congressional affairs, explained that there had been some changes made by the agency. She said the agency has improved the call center staffing and improved safeguards to make sure that that all calls related to life-threatening issues and counter-terrorism are reviewed.

    But Tyson wouldn’t tell Scott whether anyone had been disciplined as a result of the inaction on the Parkland tips, saying “due to significant privacy implications, the FBI cannot comment on personnel matters.”

    Scott ripped Tyson’s explanation in his letter to Barr, saying the information the FBI is refusing to supply could be “a potentially life-saving act of accountability for the agency’s documented failures.”

    “While I have the utmost respect for the men and women of the FBI, the agency’s response to my request is very disappointing,” he wrote.

    Ryan Petty, whose daughter, Alaina Petty, was killed in the shooting, was among the Parkland parents who met with FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich in December 2018 to discuss what happened and how the FBI has tried to improve since then. He said the families “appreciated the opportunity to speak with the leadership of the FBI to really understand what happened,” but came away frustrated at some of what they heard.

    “When I say that many of us left unsatisfied with the actions taken by the FBI, what I mean is that not all of those that were responsible for mishandling the tip [in January] were held accountable for the mistake,” Petty said Friday. “I’m not sure the leadership in the FBI held themselves accountable for it.”

    Scott, in his letter Thursday to Barr, noted that the shooter who attacked Pulse nightclub in Orlando in 2016, killing 49 people, had also been on the FBI’s radar, as had the man who killed five people at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood airport the following year.

    “I am sure you agree that these failures are inexcusable, and there must be accountability within the agency to make sure such grave lapses in the FBI’s core investigative function are corrected,” Scott wrote.
    My God this is what everyone is talking about. I'm speechless and very upset that Israel was blamed.

  6. #46
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rick Scott says FBI won’t answer questions about mishandled tip on Parkland shooter
    By David Smiley
    August 09, 2019 04:14 PM, Updated 6 hours 29 minutes ago

    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...233705667.html

    Republican Florida Sen. Rick Scott is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to pry more information out of the FBI about how the agency failed to act on tips about a former Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student who killed 17 people in Parkland last year at his old school.

    In the six months before the attack, the FBI received two tips warning that Nikolas Cruz was a school shooter in the making. One tip, phoned in to the FBI’s national call center by someone close to Cruz, offered alarming detail only weeks before the attack but was never forwarded to the FBI’s South Florida field office, as protocol required.

    Scott, who was governor of Florida at the time of the Parkland shooting, has repeatedly pressed federal investigators for information about why the tips were mishandled and what the FBI has done to make sure it never happens again. When the FBI first acknowledged the missed tips, Scott demanded unsuccessfully that FBI Director Christopher Wray resign.

    Now a U.S. senator, Scott wrote Thursday to Attorney General Bill Barr complaining that the FBI has withheld information from him and the parents of slain students and faculty.

    “I urge you to seek answers from Director Wray that have been denied to the victims’ families and make sure these documented failures by his agency will never happen again,” Scott wrote.

    A spokeswoman for the FBI wouldn’t comment Friday. The DOJ didn’t respond to a request for comment.

    But in a July 30 letter responding to a request for information that Scott made back in April, Jill C. Tyson, the head of the FBI’s office of congressional affairs, explained that there had been some changes made by the agency. She said the agency has improved the call center staffing and improved safeguards to make sure that that all calls related to life-threatening issues and counter-terrorism are reviewed.

    But Tyson wouldn’t tell Scott whether anyone had been disciplined as a result of the inaction on the Parkland tips, saying “due to significant privacy implications, the FBI cannot comment on personnel matters.”

    Scott ripped Tyson’s explanation in his letter to Barr, saying the information the FBI is refusing to supply could be “a potentially life-saving act of accountability for the agency’s documented failures.”

    “While I have the utmost respect for the men and women of the FBI, the agency’s response to my request is very disappointing,” he wrote.

    Ryan Petty, whose daughter, Alaina Petty, was killed in the shooting, was among the Parkland parents who met with FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich in December 2018 to discuss what happened and how the FBI has tried to improve since then. He said the families “appreciated the opportunity to speak with the leadership of the FBI to really understand what happened,” but came away frustrated at some of what they heard.

    “When I say that many of us left unsatisfied with the actions taken by the FBI, what I mean is that not all of those that were responsible for mishandling the tip [in January] were held accountable for the mistake,” Petty said Friday. “I’m not sure the leadership in the FBI held themselves accountable for it.”

    Scott, in his letter Thursday to Barr, noted that the shooter who attacked Pulse nightclub in Orlando in 2016, killing 49 people, had also been on the FBI’s radar, as had the man who killed five people at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood airport the following year.

    “I am sure you agree that these failures are inexcusable, and there must be accountability within the agency to make sure such grave lapses in the FBI’s core investigative function are corrected,” Scott wrote.
    FBI answer the question. We the who live in Broward Country want some answers as well as the victims of Parkland and MSD.

  7. #47
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

  8. #48
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    FBI answer the question. We are the ones who live in Broward Country want some answers as well as the victims of Parkland and MSD.
    Typical how the FBI again blames one guy instead of dealing with the issue where it came from. Politics at it's best.

  9. #49
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Typical how the FBI again blames one guy instead of dealing with the issue where it came from. Politics at it's best.
    Welcome to Broward County

  10. #50
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Typical how the FBI again blames one guy instead of dealing with the issue where it came from. Politics at it's best.
    I say we all petition and demand answers. Our children we're killed and all was blamed was the Sheriff. To find out it was the FBI who could have prevented this tragic situation sickens me. Someone needs to be held accountable FBI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •