Rank - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rank

Unregistered
    Its a title, not a rank. And never should be a rank. Most if not all receive at least one supplemental pay allowance for telling your old lady you are now a SEAL. That's good enough. I probably receive over a hundred emails per day and each person (including secretaries) has some kind of long winded special designator or title included in their signature. Along with some stupid quote from Ghandi or MLK. We don't need anymore BS titles or grandstanding. Pay me what PBSO makes and call me flunky shiitbird. Our priorities are in the wrong place.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, if you go back to the road then you are demoted. And if you are temp assigned then you are not promoted. And no you are not higher than a Sgt. You sound like a moron. Most agencies have the rank of detective.
    "Most agencie"? Can you please tell me which ones?

Unregistered
    Not a rank.

Unregistered
    Your over looking other things such as bad hemmeroids and big bellies from sitting and eating all day...its bad when you have to out cream on your sphincter everyday.
    It is you're not your and hemorrhoids not hemmeroids. Clearly, you are not a detective. If you are LE, your reports must be comical.

Unregistered
    It is you're not your and hemorrhoids not hemmeroids. Clearly, you are not a detective. If you are LE, your reports must be comical.
    Still waiting for the same idiot to tell us all which departments consider detective a rank. He/she/shim/them did say "most departments" consider it a rank.

Unregistered
    A deputy is a grunt. Is this hard to understand.

Unregistered
    I haven't said one word on this topic 'til now. Whoever started this thread sounds like another millenial b!tch.
    What happens if you go back to the road? Are you demoted?
    What if you're in a temporary unit and labeled "detective" and have to go back to road patrol afterwards?
    Is "detective" higher ranking than a corporal or sergeant?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it's only agencies in the northeast of this country that "detective" as a rank. You may think Harry Callahan was higher ranked than road patrol, but that's all he was....A road patrol officer in a suit.
    lol, if you are afraid you will lose your spot..then don't apply..

Unregistered
    Its a title, not a rank. And never should be a rank. Most if not all receive at least one supplemental pay allowance for telling your old lady you are now a SEAL. That's good enough. I probably receive over a hundred emails per day and each person (including secretaries) has some kind of long winded special designator or title included in their signature. Along with some stupid quote from Ghandi or MLK. We don't need anymore BS titles or grandstanding. Pay me what PBSO makes and call me flunky shiitbird. Our priorities are in the wrong place.
    This is so true! Take our very own DUI Task Force for instance, if you refer to them as deputy, they will correct you and let you know they are detectives. I watched it happen in court. Really, since when does doing a DUI make you a detective! If you listen to JS explain it's because they do investigations that's why they are detectives. I've got news for you, all of road patrol does investigations, so we should not have any deputies, just detectives according to his theory. What a joke! Who was the lightbulb that came up with that bright ideal? I refuse to call them detective!

Unregistered
    Who cares. This is so stupid. We're all deputies. Your a sworn in deputy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123