News hits

Thread: News hits

Unregistered

Cool News hits

The H-T newspaper is no longer the big dog on the block. "Paper subscriptions" are now at their lowest level in over 50 years. That says a lot. Here are online news hits for your pleasure and convenience:

Local news hits:

National news hits:

Aggregated Q hits:

Unregistered

The Epoch Times (opposite of New York Times):

https://www.theepochtimes.com/

Unregistered

Good riddance to FAKE NEWS

Thanks for posting the happy news!! Yes, the bully on the block had its wings clipped. Sarasota Magazine reports that the Sarasota Herald Tribune is down to less than 30 employees from a high of 200+. After all those free-balling fake news slams against LEOs, SH-T must now avoid costly lawsuits filed by those they malign. I say GO GET 'EM!

Sources
    https://www.sarasotamagazine.com/art...tribune-future
    https://www.sarasotamagazine.com/art...ribune-s-owner

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks for posting the happy news!! Yes, the bully on the block had its wings clipped. Sarasota Magazine reports that the Sarasota Herald Tribune is down to less than 30 employees from a high of 200+. After all those free-balling fake news slams against LEOs, SH-T must now avoid costly lawsuits filed by those they malign. I say GO GET 'EM!

Sources
    https://www.sarasotamagazine.com/art...ribune-s-owner
    That is amazing!!!!

Journalism is changing and is not what it used to be. The mainstream media (MSM) no longer "reports the news," but instead, they spout political propaganda (with a political agenda). In the old days, the MSM developed a solid reputation by presenting "just the facts" and allowed the viewer to make up his own mind. That solid reputation took over 50 years to establish. But today, the MSM spins news stories to achieve political outcomes. However, Americans are not stupid (far from it) and they see the "fake news" for what it is -- a bunch of political lies, spouted to achieve political outcomes. MSM fake news, in conjunction with the creation of the internet, has totally upended the economic foundation (and reputation) of the MSM.

The MSM is owned by 6 corporations and they used to control 90% of all news outlets -- but thanks to the internet, the MSM is no longer the only new outlet in town (or in the USA), due to to the creation of the internet.

MSM financial solvency is doomed. All the reporters are reading this too.

Unregistered
    Yes the overwhelming majority of MSM is run by organizations that steeply lean left. The days of journalists reporting the facts in an unbiased fashion are long gone. Being from the metropolitan New York area I recall the news anchors on a specific network named Roger Grimsby and Bill Beutel that would start the newscast by saying "Here now the news". Nowadays it's all politically motivated with opinion and motives to undermine the conservatives.

The SH-T has always been a lefty paper that was so bad it was commonly known as the Sarasota Mullet Wrapper because it was only good for 2 purposes, either wrapping fish or using as house training for puppies. The left loves to tout themselves as the tolerant and objective people yet Hilary had no problem calling me and every other Trump supporter "DEPLORABLE". How is that tolerant and objective. ABC cancelled Last Man Standing and when it was brought to their attention that the reason for its cancellation was because it leaned right they denied it stating that the reason for its demise was because it was too expensive to produce yet they kept the show Modern Family which cost even more to produce. Roseanne says something terrible and the show gets cancelled but The Match Game with Alec Baldwin is allowed to continue even though he has a history of being a hot head and just recently was 10-15'd for battery over a parking spot in NYC!

I love how the left also uses the opinions of the likes of celebrities complaining about the POTUS trying to keep our country safe. How many gates, fences, guard dogs and/or security personnel do you think the likes of Ellen Degeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, Oprah Winfrey etc have to stop unwanted guests from entering and remaining on their properties? I keep my mouth shut because my voice will be heard loud when I enter the voting booth in November.

Unregistered
    You will never get the real news ftom The HT. The HT has been hemorrhaging money for years. They have to rely heavily on advertising because no one buys paper anymore. Well, if your biggest advertiser is for 800-ask...., or one of the other Sheriff’s campaign donors, do you realize the leverage they hold now on what gets printed?

The majority of BIG papers are all owned by 4 big corporations. It’s all about the $$$ and spin for their advertisers....

Unregistered
    You will never get the real news ftom The HT. The HT has been hemorrhaging money for years. They have to rely heavily on advertising because no one buys paper anymore. Well, if your biggest advertiser is for 800-ask...., or one of the other Sheriff’s campaign donors, do you realize the leverage they hold now on what gets printed?

The majority of BIG papers are all owned by 4 big corporations. It’s all about the $$$ and spin for their advertisers....
    That's a good point. Eric Robinson (treasurer) and convicted felon Robert Waechter are in the same financial mix, regarding financial contributions to Kurt Hoffman's current political campaign. It's a small financial world in Sarasota County. It will be interesting to see if any local media outlets attempt to write an article that connects these financial dots. In the old days, whoever controlled the media controlled the spin. Dollars still strongly influence the spin.

SH-T stains
    You will never get the real news ftom The HT...It’s all about the $$$
    Proof: Sarasota Herald-Tribune is being paid to publish certain stories.

A wealthy outfit is "annually gifting money to the newspaper to fund reporting.'' In exchange, SH-T has agreed to report on areas designated by the outfit, and the wealthy outfit meets monthly with SH-T editors to make sure of it.

I wonder how many news outlets take moola for crappy journalism? Reminds me of Anthony Cormier who honed his "reporting" skills at Sarasota Herald-Tribune and went on to disgrace himself at Buzzfeed.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/buz...-details-there