Hialeah can be the best police force in Florida!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Hialeah can be the best police force in Florida!

Officers of the Hialeah Police Dept.: I am a longtime citizen from the city of Hialeah and have snooped around Leo Affairs to read some of the things you post. Please post serious things and teach us how you can become the best police force in all of Florida. What are the things necessary to boost morale, improve performance, create a professional fleet management system, get the agency accredited, and keep you and all our citizens and businesses safer. Please be serious and stay focused on the real and important issues, and I will visit again in a few days to see what you have to say. Stay safe and God be always with you!

Unregistered
    Hope's Spring is Eternal!

In William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2, **** the Butcher said: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." **** the Butcher was a follower of the rebel Jack Cade, who thought that if he disturbed law and order, he could become king. Of course Shakespeare meant it as a compliment to attorneys and judges who instill justice in society. But in Hialeah’s case, best vote out the current mayor and council members. Maybe a fresh batch might improve matters. Doubt it though, for even new ones are afflicting, to some degree or another by cretinism, a nearly incurable disease.

Unregistered
    How about we begin by distributing the 40+ cars that are sitting there while we scavenge for cars...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about we begin by distributing the 40+ cars that are sitting there while we scavenge for cars...

Keep on *****ing and you will soon be assigned to foot patrol on Palm Ave.

Unregistered
    Need to start by getting a real police chief. A police chief who is independent and not a political hack! Next, hire at least 50 more officers. Good idea is idea is the recruit retired officers with experience, bringing in top talent without the expense of training. Next, let the county handle all Homicides and sex crimes, this will free up officers for patrol function. Just food for thought!

Unregistered
    Need to start by getting a real police chief. A police chief who is independent and not a political hack! Next, hire at least 50 more officers. Good idea is idea is the recruit retired officers with experience, bringing in top talent without the expense of training. Next, let the county handle all Homicides and sex crimes, this will free up officers for patrol function. Just food for thought!
    And very good food it is. You my esteemed colleague may have a future within your beleaguered agency. As to an "independent" police chief, that may be a dream, as the incumbent will be beholding to your strong mayor form of governance and within that system, the chief will have to dance to the mayor's tune or he or she will not last long. Now, should the planets align and Hialeah voters elect a mayor that understands the need for an independent police chief; one who operates within the intent, letter and spirit of Florida Law, leads by example and manages according to identified organizational needs, car for example; irrespective of politics, well that would be unique as the planets aligning. Any of the announced mayoral candidates fit that mold?

Unregistered
    Raaaajjaaaaa Yuuuuuccaaaaaaa!!!

Unregistered
    I'm back officers and I have been reading your comments. Shakespeare, you have impressed me. But, I am going to give you something that is much quicker and easier to read and analyze than a Shakespeare play. And, know this, that a mice might be just as powerful as a roaring lion. I recommend Aesop's Fable, "The Lion and The Mice." You see, a little mice might just come around and cut the ropes and set you free from the hunters. Still, you have impressed me! ... Now, to more serious things. Ah yes, I would agree that an elected chief is a good idea, but he or she must meet certain criteria and of the highest standards. But, I believe, that whether a police chief (or sheriff) is elected or not, should not make a different on respect or performance. As long as a police chief runs the force well, elected officials should know their boundaries. Although I also believe that there is a governmental component to helping that police force be the best it can be. On the other issues, not having enough police officers or cars is of great concern. Bringing in retired officers, and possible even a few armed security guards that back you up, is a pretty good idea, and some may be able to do it at a lesser cost than police officers are paid. Finally, no one should be reduced to foot patrol because he or she expresses a concern, opinion or grievance.

Well, you have all taken the first step to improving the force; not only for yourselves, but for every citizen and business you serve. You are having a healthy and professional exchange of ideas and comments, supporting each other, and you have the attention of this citizen. You ought always to be the friend of the law abiding person and the fear of that criminal that comes to do harm. Focus on that, and do not degrade a good citizen by thinking we are foolish. Read the "The Lion and The Mice".

Keep posting. I am learning from you, and will be back to keep reading what you post. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    May I suggest the chief share some of his strip club payola with the rest of us??

Unregistered
    May I suggest the chief share some of his strip club payola with the rest of us??
    You are not serious; in fact you are infantile in suggesting such criminal act. Whether or not the chief shares his "strip club payola" with the troops, this would be of great interest to the FBI and local United States Attorney's Office. If you have credible evidence of such crime, anonymously call the FBI from a landline payphone -- if you can find one -- and share that information with them. Surely the Bureau will be glad to examine it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast