Email from Sun Sentinel reporter - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    yeah, okay. Please tell me what pizza guy makes 40k a year! i'll do that instead......oh, you can't. Screw off dude.
    Oh no this one stays at the top

Unregistered
    When is this article coming out.

Unregistered
    When is this article coming out.
    I don't know but I hope is soon. The governor I hope will read it and safe the tax payers some money by disbanding The Florida Highway Patrol.

Unregistered
    Wallman Norman, Brittany BWallman@sunsentinel.com
    Subject: seeking guidance regarding highway safety

Hello!

We are local journalists looking into highway safety in Florida, and the challenges FHP faces because of staffing and pay issues. We’re reaching out to you because of your expertise. We are not asking to quote you or use your name in any story. We just need insight and guidance. Would you please consider helping? Text us, call us, or send a private email and we can talk off the record.

Thanks!

Brittany Wallman 954 531 2171 bwallman@sunsentinel.com

Megan O’Matz 954 873 7576 momatz@sunsentinel.com

Brittany Wallman

Senior journalist

Broward County, Florida

o 954-356-4541* **
    Twitter*@BrittanyWallman

SunSentinel.com

Winner of the 2019 Pulitzer Gold Medal for Public Service
    I thought Megan O’Matz was an investigative reporter. There might be a few that will reach out to them.

Unregistered
    yeah, okay. Please tell me what pizza guy makes 40k a year! i'll do that instead......oh, you can't. Screw off dude.
    I have to agree with that post. In my area in the Florida Panhandle, starting pay for LEO is $32,000 to $40,000. In my small town of less than 5 pizza delivery businesses, I know one is hiring for up to $15.00 per hour. Granted it isn't guaranteed and I doubt there are benefits. So when I get just a couple more dollars and hour it is kinda blows my mind and unmotivating... School Bus drivers make over $17.00 per hour and sanitation drivers make more then $38,000.
    I get what that person said. The pay sucks.. Then it had me wondering and a quick google search I found this for pizza delivery drivers.
    Dominos in Gainesville up to $42,000, Papa Johns Ocala up to $35,000, Domino's Quincy up to $36,000, Pizza Hut Tallahassee up to $36,000, Pizza Hut Gulf Breeze up to $36,000, Papa Johns Destin up to $38,000, Papa Johns Pensacola up to $38,000.

So it appears that person's statement is fairly accurate depending on location and place of employment for just pay. I mean, do I get free pizza?? Hmmm.

Unregistered

A quick job search backs up this guys claim.

Its blatant ignorance of facts like this, that make you wonder if this person has even an ounce of investigative skill. Just a simple job search shows that the guys statement is 100% correct.

Unregistered

$

Coconut Creek PD patrol men at ten years - 97k

FHP road trooper TEN YEARS- 42k.

WE ARE A JOKE

Unregistered
    Its blatant ignorance of facts like this, that make you wonder if this person has even an ounce of investigative skill. Just a simple job search shows that the guys statement is 100% correct.
    I looked into this as well cause I was thinking about going law enforcement after i get out of the military. The local P.D. where I am stationed at starts at $31,824. That is pretty bad. I would also deliver pizzas or puck up trash instead of all the crap you all deal with. God speed. I need to rethink my plan.

Unregistered
    I don't know but I hope is soon. The governor I hope will read it and safe the tax payers some money by disbanding The Florida Highway Patrol.
    Or invest in your education, so you can learn proper grammatical sentence structure and correct word usage.

Unregistered
    His statement wasn't a "fact", more like an opinion. Makes you wonder if you have an ounce of common sense. Reading your response, shows that my statement IS 100% correct.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast