Email from Sun Sentinel reporter - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Even if one of us tells you, so what? You run an article. Then what? More of the same! "We need to make sure the public is safe so we have specially trained teams blah blah blah" ...or if your article happens to go viral GHQ renames most of the units and that's that. Breaking news: Nobody cares! FHP, the Wal Mart of crash investigators

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Even if one of us tells you, so what? You run an article. Then what? More of the same! "We need to make sure the public is safe so we have specially trained teams blah blah blah" ...or if your article happens to go viral GHQ renames most of the units and that's that. Breaking news: Nobody cares! FHP, the Wal Mart of crash investigators
    Get over it... Forty-nine states have their version of a State Police agency or its equivalent, with Hawaii being the only state with a Sheriff Division of the Hawaii Department of Public Safety with Statewide Jurisdiction. Can something change within FHP and have a positive change?? Sure! But disbanding FHP will not and should not happen.

Unregistered
    I find it interesting that you post comments acting like you are part of the agency.. For example you state, "even if one of us tells you".

Then you go on and say, "Nobody cares! FHP, the Wal Mart of crash investigators".

Which one is it? If you are part of FHP and don't like doing crash investigations, you absolutely need to look at a different career. If you are not part of the agency then don't act like you are. Either way, we see through you and realize you are not a reliable and legitimate source. Move on figuratively and literally!

Unregistered
    Big round of applause to THI, QRF, CVE, Motors etc. Glad to see you guys out there working the interstates LOL
    Keep up with the selfies!

Unregistered
    About 30% of my troop is in them thar special units or squads. Guess what we have to show for it? Calls holding for hours, one trooper for 3 counties night after night. everyone works bankers hours with two hour lunches, drives right past wrecks and they are always busy with "reports and computer stuff" (tinder, facebook, twitter etc). We have at least 8 in ghost units, several on perpetual FMLA, sick leave, etc. On the door of every car it say "Highway Patrol" . We do every last thing but that. We have a special unit for every little thing if you've been on over two years, yet I can't figure out how the taxpayer benefits from any of it. Oh, wait....we like to suck up grant money and shuffle the funds around to make ourselves look like hot shit! We at least got the hang of that!
    So the newspapers could start requesting district or troop schedules including all the special units in whatever area. Once FHP catches on, they’ll stop putting it on the schedules.

Special assignments take away from responding to citizen calls for crashes etc.

Troopers get assigned to more training than you can shake a stick at. A lot of it is not required training. It cost money for troopers to travel to Tallahassee (room, board, per diem) and takes them away from the already short staffed squad.

Other zone troopers are assigned to Quick Reaction Force, Special Response Team or Honor Guard. They are pulled away from road duties because of training or assigned special duties.

Contraband Interdiction Units is another special area the troopers and sergeant don’t handle zone calls. At least they’re positions are assigned to that.

Unregistered
    The tip of the iceberg. That isn't even half of it, but very true. The constant training and trips is crazy.

Unregistered
    I would love to see the fairy tale out of GHQ regarding the schedules of their pet units. I need a good laugh. I'll bet they could get Christopher Steele and Bruce Ohr to write it

Unregistered
    https://www.news4jax.com/traffic/dea...ghway-441-exit

https://www.ocala-news.com/2019/09/1...interstate-75/

Need more for your story. Back to back I 75. How much longer to correct the problem. Florida legislators, a step plan is needed for the ability to keep well trained troopers. Better leadership is needed to make the hard decisions and the ability to fight for troopers during each legislative session. Or just disband the department and have the highest law man in Florida to take over.

We are out of options.

Unregistered
    Fact -/fakt/
    noun
    1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    2. a piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.

He/she used factual pieces of information from legitimate job sites about several pizza delivery jobs across the Florida Panhandle. (Not even just one place like some would do). They showed pizza delivery drivers, who are willing to actually work, can make close to or more then some starting salaries for local law enforcement agencies in the same region.

Fact- by doing so, he/she backed their "opinion" with actual evidence supporting their statement.

Fact- your statement is 100% wrong.

Know and understand the definition of what a fact means. If you can't do that, you do not need to be in law enforcement.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unregistered
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    🤔I had to go read what was so funny... then I was like 😲 ohhh! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast