Chief - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bring back Gibson!!!!!!
    GG would actually do well now. If you don't mind not actually being "Chief" which TB couldn't handle, then they will do fine. GG knows the state LE game and knows how to paint by numbers, which is exactly what they want right now.

Unregistered
    GG would actually do well now. If you don't mind not actually being "Chief" which TB couldn't handle, then they will do fine. GG knows the state LE game and knows how to paint by numbers, which is exactly what they want right now.
    "Paint by numbers" is the best description ever for the job. I hope they start using that as the job prerequisite for the next chief advertisement.

Unregistered
    Third time advertising the position. Is this a hint that anyone on the outside looking in can tell we are a complete disaster? Out of all the people in this state who are out for chief jobs and this is our third time advertising?

Unregistered

Job is a joke

Third time advertising the position. Is this a hint that anyone on the outside looking in can tell we are a complete disaster? Out of all the people in this state who are out for chief jobs and this is our third time advertising?
    Who is going work for such low pay. They are paying what a five year cop makes. 80 grand is nothing.

Unregistered
    Who is going work for such low pay. They are paying what a five year cop makes. 80 grand is nothing.
    I disagree. I think 80K is more than the job is worth. That is great money for forwarding email from upstairs and nodding appropriately.

Unregistered

Already have a pension

I disagree. I think 80K is more than the job is worth. That is great money for forwarding email from upstairs and nodding appropriately.
    This is why you are a career ABT agent. I'm sure you are such a disappointment to your parents. You work for very low pay. No career path. The only pay raise you get is on the coat tails of FDLE and FHP. The sad thing FHP have real police powers unlike ABT. Nothing but code enforce with guns. We are the joke of law enforcement. Look at the Tampa LT who retires to 30 years. And a BS pension no more 3% cost of living. IF YOU HAVE A HALF A BRAIN CELL GET OUT OF HERE.

Unregistered
    This is why you are a career ABT agent. I'm sure you are such a disappointment to your parents. You work for very low pay. No career path. The only pay raise you get is on the coat tails of FDLE and FHP. The sad thing FHP have real police powers unlike ABT. Nothing but code enforce with guns. We are the joke of law enforcement. Look at the Tampa LT who retires to 30 years. And a BS pension no more 3% cost of living. IF YOU HAVE A HALF A BRAIN CELL GET OUT OF HERE.
    Some of us actually enjoy working here. For the exact reasons you list above. I'm good with that! My parents already think I'm a slacker. I am good with the low pay. Don't care to promote. More than happy with the few minor raises we get. Don't want real police powers and am perfectly fine being "law enforcement lite". Joke of law enforcement? I'm the one laughing at my old amigos working a crash in the rain or being called out at 2 AM for a dead body!

In the end my family and I are happy! That is all that matters. You can GFY!!!

Unregistered
    Real police powers? You must be a millennial. I am paid well for what I do and the very last thing I want is to deal with real police powers and the nonsense that accompanies real police work. When I was 20 I thought it would be cool to be a cop. By 21 I figured there had to be a better way. I found it and have been very happy ever since. You are right about only one thing. The current pension isn't has good as the one I am covered under, but the current pension is still workable. I anticipate doing at least 35 years here. That leaves a lot of room for saving, deferred comp and investments. I will be OK.

Unregistered
    Real police powers? You must be a millennial. I am paid well for what I do and the very last thing I want is to deal with real police powers and the nonsense that accompanies real police work. When I was 20 I thought it would be cool to be a cop. By 21 I figured there had to be a better way. I found it and have been very happy ever since. You are right about only one thing. The current pension isn't has good as the one I am covered under, but the current pension is still workable. I anticipate doing at least 35 years here. That leaves a lot of room for saving, deferred comp and investments. I will be OK.
    Listen it's a state job not on of the barrel workers for low pay. That why I don't doing anything and milk the system

Unregistered

Somethings never change

This week big news for ABT. Get ready

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast