Fdc armed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fdc armed

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    9 mm is for wimps and cheapskate agencies. G21 .45 ACP is the way to go if you want stopping power.
    why don't you shoot yourself and see if it doesn't have stopping power?

Unregistered

Common Sense

Here's some pro tips for those just starting out on the probation side:

NEVER lock and leave your firearm or any state issued/personal equipment in your car. Any equipment lost/stolen is considered willful and imagine the thought that your gun and equipment is on the "streets"?

NEVER carry a weapon in the field unless authorized to do so. If you are working in the field then you are bound by rules of the FDC. Off duty if you want to carry a 45 then go for it. On duty while working in the field, not a good idea. If the concealed carry idea was true for probation, no one would bother qualifying, having their weapon inspected, and get issued duty ammo. Why bother? You'd just say no thanks, I'm going to carry my 45 since I have a concealed carry card.
    Also, no one carries a weapon that holds more than 15 rounds or is anything other than 9mm or 357. Our weapons are bought by the officers and so they are TAKE HOME. No one locks it up in an armory at a probation office. It belongs to the PO.

You are always on camera. The neighbors watch. The stores have cameras. The offender's homes have cameras. People record on their phones silently, even if just the audio. It's like universal precautions. Always assume you are being watched including while driving. Our tags are easy to spot.

Since probation officer's have access to state cars, do not send an email requesting an officer from another officer to do field for you in the same county. If your offender moves, do the HV or go see them! Then transfer it. Don't outsource your work.

Unregistered
    Only babies with small hands carry weapons that are 15 rounds or less. Even most of the women in our circuit carry glock 17s.

Unregistered
    I wouldn't trust a probation officer with a gun any more than I would trust a sexual predator with my 2-year old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12