FHP overall - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FHP overall

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe in the big SF Counties you will get close. Smaller central and NF county Sheriffs are not going to have their deputies writing tickets to their local constituency. Traffic Enforcement is not going to be their focus. Fact.
    So, we are not need in these counties for traffic enforcement. We can concentrate on the interstate systems. Better yet, hire civilians to work these county's accidents and call the sheriff to help our civilians traffic units.

Great idea.

Unregistered
    So, we are not need in these counties for traffic enforcement. We can concentrate on the interstate systems. Better yet, hire civilians to work these county's accidents and call the sheriff to help our civilians traffic units.

Great idea.
    Sounds great to me (I’m a deputy). Better yet just disband FHP and spread the funding around to the counties. We are already handle everything in our county and often do enforcement in the interstate because FHP is no where to be found....just give us the money and let us expand our traffic unit.

Unregistered
    Sounds great to me (I’m a deputy). Better yet just disband FHP and spread the funding around to the counties. We are already handle everything in our county and often do enforcement in the interstate because FHP is no where to be found....just give us the money and let us expand our traffic unit.
    Talk to your sheriff.

Unregistered
    If the Sheriff has got to do it anyway then just do it. To he!! with giving the Sheriff any more of my tax money.

El Falcon Azul
    I've never worked Troop E, so I can't speak specifically for them. Other than rolling domestics, no, you aren't going to be dispatched to them. The academy is very paramilitary. You will run every day of the academy and be in peak physical condition. I went to the old academy, but I assume the new one at PTLEA is similar.

FHP has often been dubbed "The Navy Seals of Law Enforcement" and the training is second to none. We are the first (along with National Guard) who are called when the heavy hitters are needed (riot control, etc).

Lots bash it, but this agency will take you as far as you want to go. It's what you make of it. If you want to be the best of the best, take a good look at FHP.

Unregistered
    Not here to bash, but exalt the truth.
    Fhp has never been viewed as the... Navy seals...of any law enforcement arena, but a traffic law enforcement agency ONLY...
    It's 2019, hopefully your agency has expanded to handle more criminal cases.
    Listen, when fhp is called in for emergency events, it's 99% of traffic, traffic, and more traffic.
    I was there a couple of years and had to get out quickly...
    After being a deputy for 20 years now, just no comparison as to duties of cops/deputies and troopers.
    That being said, in a perfect world, cops wouldn't write each other.
    However, this is a very evil world and cops not only write each other, but exhibit hate.
    Im almost done and wish you all the best.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by El Falcon Azul View Post
    I've never worked Troop E, so I can't speak specifically for them. Other than rolling domestics, no, you aren't going to be dispatched to them. The academy is very paramilitary. You will run every day of the academy and be in peak physical condition. I went to the old academy, but I assume the new one at PTLEA is similar.

FHP has often been dubbed "The Navy Seals of Law Enforcement" and the training is second to none. We are the first (along with National Guard) who are called when the heavy hitters are needed (riot control, etc).

Lots bash it, but this agency will take you as far as you want to go. It's what you make of it. If you want to be the best of the best, take a good look at FHP.
    The navy seals of law enforcement. Please tell me you are kidding please don’t tell me you are serious with this statement. First called in for heavy hitters you are smoking something if you believe this statement like the first one. You troopers do nothing but accidents all day. No one would ever call you guys in to handle anything besides an accident ever. And navy seals I am still cracking up at that statement. FHP was a joke when I worked there and continues to be even more of a joke. The only people who work there are people who get hired and leave or people who can’t get hired anywhere else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12