FHP overall
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FHP overall

Unregistered

FHP overall

How it is working for FHP? I live in Miami what would the chances be of me getting an assignment here. As FHP do I have to stay on the highway all the time or can I patrol the streets as well. What is the assignment like. Do you get calls for service such as domestic ever? Can you drive around all of Miami or do you have to stay in a certain sector? Also, how intense was the academy.

Unregistered
    FHP is a train wreck. You'll stay away from this hellhole if you're smart.

Unregistered
    Another troll post. If it were real, he would have seen the 30 other topics

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How it is working for FHP? I live in Miami what would the chances be of me getting an assignment here. As FHP do I have to stay on the highway all the time or can I patrol the streets as well. What is the assignment like. Do you get calls for service such as domestic ever? Can you drive around all of Miami or do you have to stay in a certain sector? Also, how intense was the academy.
    Get out of Miami and see the rest of the country. If you are stuck on FHP move to north Florida. If you are smart get out of this state.

Unregistered
    Is it that bad? Working for FHP

Unregistered
    Another troll post. If it were real, he would have seen the 30 other topics
    No, this agency is mismanaged so badly. Governor Scott was correct when he wanted this disband this agency in 2011. It would have saved the taxpayer so much money and from many lawsuits.

This place has one year FTOs. Sergeant's with less than 5 years. Nepotism with major son. Six year Troopers as lieutenants. He is correct its bad.

Unregistered
    No, this agency is mismanaged so badly. Governor Scott was correct when he wanted this disband this agency in 2011. It would have saved the taxpayer so much money and from many lawsuits.

This place has one year FTOs. Sergeant's with less than 5 years. Nepotism with major son. Six year Troopers as lieutenants. He is correct its bad.
    The sky is falling and we will all drown from global warming as well.

Unregistered
    Plenty of openings all over the State. You won't get rich, but you'll be able to live. Plenty of off-duty details to supplement your income if you want. If you come to work, do your job and avoid the BS, you'll do well. Good equipment. FRS retirement is nice. FHP is incredibly short-staffed, so keep in mind that you will likely spend the large majority of your shift responding to crashes and very little traffic enforcement. It's a good job, just try not to get caught up in the grade-school BS. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Plenty of openings all over the State. You won't get rich, but you'll be able to live. Plenty of off-duty details to supplement your income if you want. If you come to work, do your job and avoid the BS, you'll do well. Good equipment. FRS retirement is nice. FHP is incredibly short-staffed, so keep in mind that you will likely spend the large majority of your shift responding to crashes and very little traffic enforcement. It's a good job, just try not to get caught up in the grade-school BS. Good luck.
    Spoken like ture FHP manager. They need people is correct but the traffic enforment ask about troop trac.

You will have the same thing with a sheriff department with the off-duty and equipment but they have better benefits and most of them have a step plan.

Unregistered
    Spoken like ture FHP manager. They need people is correct but the traffic enforment ask about troop trac.

You will have the same thing with a sheriff department with the off-duty and equipment but they have better benefits and most of them have a step plan.
    Maybe in the big SF Counties you will get close. Smaller central and NF county Sheriffs are not going to have their deputies writing tickets to their local constituency. Traffic Enforcement is not going to be their focus. Fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast