Mid Shift
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Shift

Unregistered

Mid Shift

Any chance we are getting 1-1 or 3-3 back?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes. Jesus is returning also. Just not in the next thousand years or so.

Unregistered
    Yes, it is coming back very soon. I would guess when bid occurs. The Sheriff also intends for each day and night squad to have 14 deputies.

Unregistered
    Yes, it is coming back very soon. I would guess when bid occurs. The Sheriff also intends for each day and night squad to have 14 deputies.

Yep. Just like we're getting those yearbooks we paid for back in 2009 or so...

Unregistered
    I’ll believe it when I see it. I have been here long enough to see plenty smoke and mirror shows.

Anyone remember well over a decade ago when the county had half the businesses and half the neighborhoods when we had 9 zones per squad, one deputy per zone plus floaters, roughly 11 units per squad and a full squad that worked 1-1 with their own deployment area and supervisors? Three squad platoons during peak hours. Then we switched to 4 larger zones with the promise of up to 4 deputies per zone. Well, as time progressed and the dust settled, how many of you ended up working one of those large “4 unit” zones alone for months or even years? Only to later lose the mid shift all together and make things even more miserable. Things have gotten worse for years and I'm not sure the momentum behind this ongoing nosedive will be stopped. 14 units per squad with a mid shift seems like false hope. Maybe to stop the resignations. For a little while. Im sure someone some where benefitted highly for running their districts “under budget”. But at what cost?

Unregistered

Even if this were true, the number of deputies assigned to a squad doesn't matter. What matters is how many deputies show up to work a zone, per squad. What is the MANDATORY number of deputies working each zone?

If there are 14 deputies on a squad (YEAH RIGHT), 2 on are vacation, 1 is on maternity, 1 is on bereavement, 1 is at inservice, 1 is in specialized training, 1 is in court all day, 1 is flexing off due to training and/or overtime, 1 calls in sick, 1 has been suspended pending termination, 1 is working razor, ... you get the picture.

What will the MADATORY # of deputies working a zone be? If there's not a mandatory number of deputies working a zone, all the other "numbers" mean nothing!

Unregistered
    Even if this were true, the number of deputies assigned to a squad doesn't matter. What matters is how many deputies show up to work a zone, per squad. What is the MANDATORY number of deputies working each zone?

If there are 14 deputies on a squad (YEAH RIGHT), 2 on are vacation, 1 is on maternity, 1 is on bereavement, 1 is at inservice, 1 is in specialized training, 1 is in court all day, 1 is flexing off due to training and/or overtime, 1 calls in sick, 1 has been suspended pending termination, 1 is working razor, ... you get the picture.

What will the MADATORY # of deputies working a zone be? If there's not a mandatory number of deputies working a zone, all the other "numbers" mean nothing!
    Welcome to the profession, cry baby. Would you rather start with 14 deputies and subtract the occasional training and days off, or start with 7 deputies and do the same? Anybody with half a brain can already see the improved staffing on the street and it's getting even better as each class graduates.

Unregistered
    Welcome to the profession, cry baby. Would you rather start with 14 deputies and subtract the occasional training and days off, or start with 7 deputies and do the same? Anybody with half a brain can already see the improved staffing on the street and it's getting even better as each class graduates.

Our supervisors are now being held to a higher standard. Having only 1 deputy show up per zone is not acceptable.

Unregistered

You forgot the freaking never ending military “drill” leaves and deployments. How many of you have a spot on a squad used up by a deputy who only worked here under a year, got deployed, and has been gone years. How about place their positions in admin or something instead of patrol?

At least we offer provable numbers. “Things are getting better” does not cut it. Those are just words. If you work a zone alone with no mid shift, then nothing is getting better. Just because someone is off, does not excuse it. There should be floaters to fill in and EVERY zone should have a mid shift unit or 2.

Unregistered
    I worked on a 4 unit squad for about 5 months about a year ago. It burned me out to this day.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast