Sinking Ship
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinking Ship

Unregistered

Sinking Ship

So if you thought this agency couldn't sink any lower apparently Command has decided it would be good political capital to BAN all Marijuana arrests and force Deputies to issue Civil Citations. This is clearly being done in a desperate and transparent attempt to win votes and drive morale even further down. At a recent Command Staff meeting the Sheriff wanted to know why arrests have falled off so dramatically, decisions such as this are exactly why. If he didn't like the arrest numbers before wait until he sees how low they drop when the Marijuana arrests disappear. I had great hopes for this Command but this a terrible politics only decision.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if you thought this agency couldn't sink any lower apparently Command has decided it would be good political capital to BAN all Marijuana arrests and force Deputies to issue Civil Citations. This is clearly being done in a desperate and transparent attempt to win votes and drive morale even further down. At a recent Command Staff meeting the Sheriff wanted to know why arrests have falled off so dramatically, decisions such as this are exactly why. If he didn't like the arrest numbers before wait until he sees how low they drop when the Marijuana arrests disappear. I had great hopes for this Command but this a terrible politics only decision.
    Fallen, not falled*

Unregistered
    Who cares about about a nickle bag arrest. Soon the whole country will be sitting home smoking weed, getting their ebt cards and eating cheetos while the watching Jerry Springer. FTW

Unregistered
    You are kidding yourself if you think any weed arrest makes the court room. No lab in the state will even test it anymore unless its tied to a more serious offense. With no ability to test CBD oil levels, the state pretty much made it legal.

Unregistered
    Who cares about about a nickle bag arrest. Soon the whole country will be sitting home smoking weed, getting their ebt cards and eating cheetos while the watching Jerry Springer. FTW
    1)You think that's a good thing?
    2)We all should care as it damages society as a whole. If you or any Police Chief/Sheriff don't, especially for Political purposes then I would say you are in the wrong careers.

Unregistered
    You are kidding yourself if you think any weed arrest makes the court room. No lab in the state will even test it anymore unless its tied to a more serious offense. With no ability to test CBD oil levels, the state pretty much made it legal.
    You are incorrect the BSO lab started testing it again last month and there are trials all the time in all the Satellite Courtrooms. It amazes me that people come on this website and just say whatever they like with clearly bo clue what they are talking about. No wonder BSO is a sinking ship.

Unregistered
    Who cares? Why would you go out and make proactive arrests when this sheriff is going to throw you under the bus should you use force? Pass. Make whatever you want legal, I ain’t doing shhhhhhiiiit I don’t have to do

Unregistered
    Who cares? Why would you go out and make proactive arrests when this sheriff is going to throw you under the bus should you use force? Pass. Make whatever you want legal, I ain’t doing shhhhhhiiiit I don’t have to do
    Your not incorrect about the alterior motives of the Sheriff but still doesn't mean we should ok with the Sheriff making Political Decisions thay effect all of us. There aren't enough drugs in schools already that we have to make it easier for them to obtain them??

Unregistered
    1)You think that's a good thing?
    2)We all should care as it damages society as a whole. If you or any Police Chief/Sheriff don't, especially for Political purposes then I would say you are in the wrong careers.
    Who gives a sheet. These idiots are out getting the marijuana cards like a driver's license. Let the country go...soon this is what the entire country will become

Unregistered
    So if a cop makes an arrest for a nickel bag, what does that cost the agency and taxpayer?

Time off the road to transport
    Time of the jail deputy
    Overcrowded courtroom
    Costs to SAO
    Costs to public defender
    Costs to clerk of court
    Cost to court reporter
    Cost of testimony
    Costs to test the marijuana
    More and more costs

$10 bag of marijuana costs at least $2,500 to prosecute. Great business decision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast