Social Media Firings - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    If it is not on the clock, much latitude should be given to jokes, personal opinions, and the freedom to express your thoughts and convictions. If its not directed towards a individual especially a co worker, or individual Supervisor, it should not rise to the level of a firing offense. You cant make the leap without making assumptions and viewing things through your on bias lenses.

Unregistered

Ideals vs Realities

Whatever Bob and his double dipping cronies see fit for a fireable offense becomes a fireable offense. Remember General Orders are just guidelines as Bob has testified to in court. You can be assured a Level 5 is headed your way and you can and probably will be Terminated. If enough public outcry occurs, they will find some way to make it happen. Discipline is all over the place and used to suit the the purpose of cleansing Bob of any liabilities. Freedom of speech and expression be damned.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You're saying a racist or sexist or homophobic meme on a deputy's facebook is just him or her venting? Are you that stupid, or just trolling for a response from a thinking person? No, if you post that crap, it IS WHO YOU ARE. If you're a sexist or homophobe or racist, your ways will catch up on you in your job.
    You are garbage for saying this. I did a decade in the military before this. While being deployed, my brothers (not by blood, but by the grace of God) would have a good time laughing and joking with each other about race, gender, and whatever else you can think of. Im Black and not once did I get offended when a white boy made a joke to me. Why? Because I am mature. I am an adult. Because I can find humor in a daunting past and stressful situations. You are the problem, you hold onto hate and revolt and throw that shit in peoples face when you think it’s convenient. I bet your ass is white and you think you are doing me a favor. The most stressful event you have probable ever encountered was “Can I get away with popping my collar?” Well stop this shit, grow up, and wise up. Your race card has been permanently revoked.

Unregistered
    What does James posts on his social media say about him then.
    Go
    Overall I would say that he really really dislikes dirty corrupt cops, especially Bob.

Unregistered
    Whatever Bob and his double dipping cronies see fit for a fireable offense becomes a fireable offense. Remember General Orders are just guidelines as Bob has testified to in court. You can be assured a Level 5 is headed your way and you can and probably will be Terminated. If enough public outcry occurs, they will find some way to make it happen. Discipline is all over the place and used to suit the the purpose of cleansing Bob of any liabilities. Freedom of speech and expression be damned.
    The inconsistent, preferential and vindictive disciplinary action system of this administration has killed morale. Does anyone care about staff morale? Apparently not. Otherwise this garbage treatment would not happen. The only solution is to have an independent board of inquiry independent of the sheriff to investigate staff incidents and issue disciplinary actions. But that would mean Bob giving up some power and be unable to retaliate against people he dislikes and protect people with connections. The cancer of corruption and injustice is widespread within this administration.

Unregistered
    The inconsistent, preferential and vindictive disciplinary action system of this administration has killed morale. Does anyone care about staff morale? Apparently not. Otherwise this garbage treatment would not happen. The only solution is to have an independent board of inquiry independent of the sheriff to investigate staff incidents and issue disciplinary actions. But that would mean Bob giving up some power and be unable to retaliate against people he dislikes and protect people with connections. The cancer of corruption and injustice is widespread within this administration.
    There is supposed to be one. It's written in the PC govt. code. Supposed to be civilians. Bob forgot about it.

Unregistered

Sheriff exemption

Due to the political nature of all things, somehow the Sheriff's are exempt from the same rules the city law enforcement agencies have to follow. Due to the exemption, Bob can have who he wants on an ARB while the municipalities follow a different system. The municipalities would appear to be more just and fair because the accused actually gets representation and votes on the disciplinary board. In the Sheriff's ARB it is his cronies who wouldn't dare stand up to him and defy what he decrees. LONG LIVE KING BOB!!! As long as this type of system is in place, do the absolute least amount of work necessary, keep yourself of the radar, and pray to God daily that you aren't suddenly targeted. Furthermore, get ready to keep losing respect and authority on a daily basis. The fear of job loss is a hell of a reality and will cause people to second guess everything. At best you will suffer from the continual stress of having no real authority and being constantly targeted by disrespectful miscreants. Just look at the recent water bucket dousing of NYPD cops, who out of fear of losing their jobs or worse did nothing. At worst, it will cause you to pause that second you shouldn't have and get hurt really bad or killed. This is a new era of law enforcement with favorable political optics. Be careful stay safe. I remember when the mindset was it's better to lose your job than your life and it's better to go down fighting against 12 jurors then your casket being carried by 6.

Unregistered
    Due to the political nature of all things, somehow the Sheriff's are exempt from the same rules the city law enforcement agencies have to follow. Due to the exemption, Bob can have who he wants on an ARB while the municipalities follow a different system. The municipalities would appear to be more just and fair because the accused actually gets representation and votes on the disciplinary board. In the Sheriff's ARB it is his cronies who wouldn't dare stand up to him and defy what he decrees. LONG LIVE KING BOB!!! As long as this type of system is in place, do the absolute least amount of work necessary, keep yourself of the radar, and pray to God daily that you aren't suddenly targeted. Furthermore, get ready to keep losing respect and authority on a daily basis. The fear of job loss is a hell of a reality and will cause people to second guess everything. At best you will suffer from the continual stress of having no real authority and being constantly targeted by disrespectful miscreants. Just look at the recent water bucket dousing of NYPD cops, who out of fear of losing their jobs or worse did nothing. At worst, it will cause you to pause that second you shouldn't have and get hurt really bad or killed. This is a new era of law enforcement with favorable political optics. Be careful stay safe. I remember when the mindset was it's better to lose your job than your life and it's better to go down fighting against 12 jurors then your casket being carried by 6.
    And what do you think caused that national disrespect towards cops?

Unregistered
    Politicians and the media

Unregistered
    Politicians and the media
    Don't forget the universities teaching the fantasy that if we would just communicate more, understand everyone's feelings, and meet their every need then law enforcement wouldn't exist. Also, eliminate guns and the violence would vanish immediately. They are indoctrinated to believe society is cursed by law enforcement. We are viewed as a racially biased institution that needs to be eliminated. These teachings have emboldened some to take bold actions including violence to promote their manifesto.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast