Social Media Firings
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Social Media Firings

The latest full scale attack on Leo's is from radical non profits that are obtaining Leo names and then doing social media searches for anything they deem inappropriate. Dallas and Philly have fired many officers as a result of internal investigations. One officer was fired for having a screen shot of a picture of a confederate flag, another was fired for saying "Death to Islam" which was a response to the "Death to America" chants coming from Iran and other muslim countries and their leaders. Is there a universal definition of what is considered racist, insensitive, or offensive? If there is, I havent been able to find it. The problem with most of this is it is so subjective. The other problem with this, is Leo leaders have long since abandoned their people in the name of political correctness and self preservation. All of these firings were from posts on things like facebook, etc and were during off duty hours. The police culture has a very cynical, and non politically correct way of dealing with highly stressful situations. This is often done with cynical humor. Not uncommon to refer to bad guys as scumbags, dirtbags, or Pos's. or to make light of a highly stressful situation after it is over with. Theres not one police officer on the face of this Earth that hasnt done this at some point, including the vary police leaders that are firing people for stuff they have been just as guilty of. How you police on duty should be judged by your actions and conduct on duty, not by some crude joke or comment you make on social media, while off duty. You cant make that leap, unless you know whats in a persons heart or what his intentions were. Some sht that happens in life can be down right dumb, funny, etc and commenting on it, should not get you fired. Our leaders are being played and are willingly enabling these activists. Most of us are closer to NYPD Blues officers than Adam12 robots of the 60's.

Unregistered
    Youre preaching to the choir bro. Youre stating the obvious but what is the solution? We all know the general public has no understanding of what first responders experience on a day to day basis.

I dont see any solution other than to avoid social media all together. It doesnt matter what your intentions are, what your record is, or even what the facts are. It is 2019 and you are ultimately expendable. Good cop or not.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You're preaching to the choir bro. You're stating the obvious but what is the solution? We all know the general public has no understanding of what first responders experience on a day to day basis.

I don't see any solution other than to avoid social media all together. It doesn't matter what your intentions are, what your record is, or even what the facts are. It is 2019 and you are ultimately expendable. Good cop or not.
    Don't worry Bob has our back.......

Unregistered
    Don't worry Bob has our back.......
    Yep, Backstabber Bob has our backs. The only black he has is his, everyone else is expendable and disposable. Because he is not a LEO, he is a lawyer and a politician, who are the biggest scumbags in the world.

Unregistered
    The latest full scale attack on Leo's is from radical non profits that are obtaining Leo names and then doing social media searches for anything they deem inappropriate. Dallas and Philly have fired many officers as a result of internal investigations. One officer was fired for having a screen shot of a picture of a confederate flag, another was fired for saying "Death to Islam" which was a response to the "Death to America" chants coming from Iran and other muslim countries and their leaders. Is there a universal definition of what is considered racist, insensitive, or offensive? If there is, I havent been able to find it. The problem with most of this is it is so subjective. The other problem with this, is Leo leaders have long since abandoned their people in the name of political correctness and self preservation. All of these firings were from posts on things like facebook, etc and were during off duty hours. The police culture has a very cynical, and non politically correct way of dealing with highly stressful situations. This is often done with cynical humor. Not uncommon to refer to bad guys as scumbags, dirtbags, or Pos's. or to make light of a highly stressful situation after it is over with. Theres not one police officer on the face of this Earth that hasnt done this at some point, including the vary police leaders that are firing people for stuff they have been just as guilty of. How you police on duty should be judged by your actions and conduct on duty, not by some crude joke or comment you make on social media, while off duty. You cant make that leap, unless you know whats in a persons heart or what his intentions were. Some sht that happens in life can be down right dumb, funny, etc and commenting on it, should not get you fired. Our leaders are being played and are willingly enabling these activists. Most of us are closer to NYPD Blues officers than Adam12 robots of the 60's.
    Very well said Shawn Pappas. We miss your texts.

Unregistered
    You think back to watching those planes crashing into the World Trade Center Buildings. Watching innocent people jumping out of windows to their deaths, you have to ask yourself, was I being racist when I wanted anybody that did this or supported this, to die a horrible death? When I work predominantly black neighborhoods and respond over and over to the carnage of black on black crime, am I a racist to point out what our politicians refuse to acknowledge? Am I a racist if my heritage of being born in the South is a source of pride? Should I be fired for reciting the words of just about any rap song I hear on the radio everyday? Our leaders have a way out of this. We are no different than anybody else that lives in todays world. If it happens on the clock, its fair game, off duty, well thats a area that can be defended!

Unregistered
    You think back to watching those planes crashing into the World Trade Center Buildings. Watching innocent people jumping out of windows to their deaths, you have to ask yourself, was I being racist when I wanted anybody that did this or supported this, to die a horrible death? When I work predominantly black neighborhoods and respond over and over to the carnage of black on black crime, am I a racist to point out what our politicians refuse to acknowledge? Am I a racist if my heritage of being born in the South is a source of pride? Should I be fired for reciting the words of just about any rap song I hear on the radio everyday? Our leaders have a way out of this. We are no different than anybody else that lives in todays world. If it happens on the clock, its fair game, off duty, well thats a area that can be defended!
    Personally I think if youre making decisions based on race on a professional basis...yeah youre racist. If you address each of those scenarios based upon the actions of specific individuals...then no I dont see an issue with it.

Unregistered
    It only matters what Bob's definition is. Thats how subjective it is.

Unregistered
    You're saying a racist or sexist or homophobic meme on a deputy's facebook is just him or her venting? Are you that stupid, or just trolling for a response from a thinking person? No, if you post that crap, it IS WHO YOU ARE. If you're a sexist or homophobe or racist, your ways will catch up on you in your job.

Unregistered
    What does James posts on his social media say about him then.
    Go

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast