Free Campaign Name Recognition - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered

You were right, the sheriff is getting a TON of free press.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know I'm just a lowly detective but anyone with common sense who watched the story learned that the sticker indicates the technology placed on the pump means your information is encrypted and locks have been placed on them which makes them tamper proof. If you didn't understand that there's a program called hooked on phonics that may help.
    My elderly parents with limited technology awareness absolutely LOVE this and said they have a LOT of elderly friends talking about it.

The fact that the sheriff is getting a TON of free publicity is just a fortunate coincidence and another reason for our elderly population to realize how fortunate he's leading OUR county's sheriff office. Perhaps Leavens can advocate this for his county where he buys his gas

Deputies with the Lee County Sheriff’s Office found a credit card skimmer at a Mobil gas station off of Daniels Parkway Monday, inside a supposedly screwed-tight pump.

But it’s what’s on the pump that has drivers we talked to saying things like this: “Oh! That’s not good. That’s troubling,” said Jennifer Quesenberry of Fort Myers.

The Lee County Sheriff’s sticker of approval sits on each of the pumps at the gas station.

Since May, all pumps in Lee County must have a special lock or technology to keep skimmers out.

The sticker is supposed to mean it’s safe. That’s what Sheriff Carmine Marceno said back in July.

So every single pump in the unincorporated areas will have a sticker that shows you are safe.

“If they’ve put in a new ordinance, something that supposed to keep us safe and it’s not, that means the criminals are smarter than the people protecting us right now,” said James Bias of Lee County.

We asked the Sheriff’s Office how their sticker ended up on a pump with a skimmer inside.

In an email, they wrote in part:

When our detectives put the LCSO sticker on the gas pumps, they are checking to see if the pump is in compliance with Ordinance no. 19-09. This isn’t an inspection for a skimmer.

“It’s worrisome because you look for that when you get up to the pump. You’re looking for that… to feel safe,” said Quesenberry.

We responded back to that email and referred to the sheriff’s statement from July where he said the sticker shows you that you’re safe.

We asked: If detective sare not checking for skimmers before they put a sticker on the pump, how can what the sheriff said be true?

We have yet to hear back.

https://www.winknews.com/2019/10/30/...oved-gas-pump/

Unregistered
    Carmine Marceno 2020

Unregistered
    So the purpose of the sticker was for free name recognition, atleast that's a proven fact now. Waste of man power and money. He should fly a re election banner behind the copter when it's out joy riding down the beach.

Unregistered
    So the purpose of the sticker was for free name recognition, atleast that's a proven fact now. Waste of man power and money. He should fly a re election banner behind the copter when it's out joy riding down the beach.
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves. He was never elected. He was appointed

Unregistered

Marcenoisms

“Just Get rid of It!” (My infant son)👶

“ My name recognition sticker means the gas pump is safe, 🤞 “

“I worked at NYPD ( New York Parks Dept)”👌

🎉🎊🎉🎊😂

Unregistered

Leavans aborts

Was the baby 👶 you killed going to be a grandson or granddaughter?
    The gas pump stickers really got your depression kicking in.
    Under your leadership will you have a deputy sitting at every pump in lee county??

Unregistered

Inexperience once again speaks

I was sipping on my coffee and pumping gas this morning. I looked up and seen that beautiful sticker with the Sheriffs star and my Sheriffs name on it. It’s an ordinance and people are tired of getting their identity stolen, another great idea! ECU rocks, not according to hateful Leavens!
    As if the sticker will prevent your identity from being stolen. The inexperience appointed Sheriff indicated that an anti-theft system was what the sticker represented but now we find that is not the case. "Another Great Idea", I believe that there are some not sure that is the case. The people behind this idea (including the Sheriff) bragged about the great political move and how everyone would see his name. It now turns out not to be such a great political move. Now start the blame game including attacking your political opponent as starters. For once it would be nice to see the inexperience Sheriff stand up and take responsibility for his actions including the inability to fill out an application truthfully and taking advantage of a female crime victim. Carmine Marceno will continue to drag LCSO through the mud.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12