Free Campaign Name Recognition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Free Campaign Name Recognition

Every gas pump in Lee County will have a Sheriff sticker with his name on it. On the tax payers dime too! Name recognition come election day, can't believe the media hasn't questioned him about it.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40795615...n-at-gas-pumps

Unregistered
    I was sipping on my coffee and pumping gas this morning. I looked up and seen that beautiful sticker with the Sheriffs star and my Sheriffs name on it. It’s an ordinance and people are tired of getting their identity stolen, another great idea! ECU rocks, not according to hateful Leavens!

Unregistered
    Hey Jim, maybe you should try it, put your sticker on every gas station in every community in Lee County populated by Hispanics and African Americans. With your campaign logo on it, followed by one of your infamous racial or homophobia statements. That would be authenticity at it’s finest.

Unregistered

brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every gas pump in Lee County will have a Sheriff sticker with his name on it. On the tax payers dime too! Name recognition come election day, can't believe the media hasn't questioned him about it.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40795615...n-at-gas-pumps
    I agree - the media should do a story on how freaking brilliant the idea is. I know the vast numbers of elderly in Lee County who often fall prey to theft and don't understand technology will feel much safer when they see that sticker and know their money and identities are safe under the leadership of this sheriff.

Unregistered

Spend time protecting and serving, not running a political campaign using tax dollars

I agree - the media should do a story on how freaking brilliant the idea is. I know the vast numbers of elderly in Lee County who often fall prey to theft and don't understand technology will feel much safer when they see that sticker and know their money and identities are safe under the leadership of this sheriff.
    Is the sheriff saying the AG Commissioner is not doing her job in Lee County?
    What if the pump is tampered with after the LCSO sticker is placed on it?
    What if someone goes online or to a printing company and has look alike stickers reprinted---slaps a new one on?
    Now the Sheriff is in the chain of liability for loses since the Sheriff declared the pumps safe, and placed the agency seal on it.
    Why would you expend money on stickers, and not have a number specific to the pump they are on and/or a hologram that make the sticker unique?
    If they were numbered it would also provide a way to track who and when the pump was certified safe by the Sheriff.
    Next year when they do the annual inspection you would have a log to add the updated information to.
    Answer: There was limited thought placed into this campaign stunt. Its both a misuse of agency money and time, and provides a false sense of security. Instead of spending tax payers dollars having a deputy go put stickers on the 1400 pumps, do your jobs.

Unregistered
    Leadership of a sheriff who isn't qualified to be even the most basic of officers.. but seems to be REALLY great at spending tax payers dollars on absolute nonsense?!

Unregistered

boo hoo

Is the sheriff saying the AG Commissioner is not doing her job in Lee County?
    What if the pump is tampered with after the LCSO sticker is placed on it?
    What if someone goes online or to a printing company and has look alike stickers reprinted---slaps a new one on?
    Now the Sheriff is in the chain of liability for loses since the Sheriff declared the pumps safe, and placed the agency seal on it.
    Why would you expend money on stickers, and not have a number specific to the pump they are on and/or a hologram that make the sticker unique?
    If they were numbered it would also provide a way to track who and when the pump was certified safe by the Sheriff.
    Next year when they do the annual inspection you would have a log to add the updated information to.
    Answer: There was limited thought placed into this campaign stunt. Its both a misuse of agency money and time, and provides a false sense of security. Instead of spending tax payers dollars having a deputy go put stickers on the 1400 pumps, do your jobs.
    someone call the waaaaambulance!

Paying your salary is a much larger waste of tax payer money than these stickers. And a normal person would realize that these stickers simply mean that at the time it was placed on the pump, it met the criteria of the new ordinance. Similar to doing a business building check in the middle of the night....after you check it and find it secure, you can't guarantee a burglary won't happen an hour later numb nuts. And the stickers do have numbers on them showing when they were placed on the pump, genius.

Unregistered
    I wouldn’t be worried about stickers, the Sheriff was just on every major news station for the past two days. They all showed him doing his job.

Unregistered

Thank you sheriff!

I know I'm just a lowly detective but anyone with common sense who watched the story learned that the sticker indicates the technology placed on the pump means your information is encrypted and locks have been placed on them which makes them tamper proof. If you didn't understand that there's a program called hooked on phonics that may help.
    My elderly parents with limited technology awareness absolutely LOVE this and said they have a LOT of elderly friends talking about it.

The fact that the sheriff is getting a TON of free publicity is just a fortunate coincidence and another reason for our elderly population to realize how fortunate he's leading OUR county's sheriff office. Perhaps Leavens can advocate this for his county where he buys his gas

Unregistered
    Brilliant idea! Leavens is running around covering the stickers with rebel flag stickers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast