Leavens for Lee but doesn't live there - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    this is in fact the biggest scandal of any candidate ive seen. Man runs for office purpotrating to increase safety and he doesnt even live there. You have to live in the county so the media needs to ask candidate leavens if hes moving to lee before or after the election
    A candidate for county sheriff who resides in and is a registered voter in one county may complete the candidate oath by indicating the county wherein he or she is registered to vote when running for sheriff in another county. No residency requirements exist for a county sheriff other than those required by being a qualified elector, i.e., being a legal resident of Florida and of the county in which the sheriff is registered to vote. A candidate for sheriff must satisfy the requirement of being a resident of the county in which the candidate is registered to vote at the time of the commencement of term of office as sheriff; thereafter, the sheriff must be a legal resident in whatever county the sheriff is registered to vote. So according to the director of Division of Elections Maria Matthews Esq. the sheriff could live in Tallahassee if he wanted.

Unregistered
    A candidate for county sheriff who resides in and is a registered voter in one county may complete the candidate oath by indicating the county wherein he or she is registered to vote when running for sheriff in another county. No residency requirements exist for a county sheriff other than those required by being a qualified elector, i.e., being a legal resident of Florida and of the county in which the sheriff is registered to vote. A candidate for sheriff must satisfy the requirement of being a resident of the county in which the candidate is registered to vote at the time of the commencement of term of office as sheriff; thereafter, the sheriff must be a legal resident in whatever county the sheriff is registered to vote. So according to the director of Division of Elections Maria Matthews Esq. the sheriff could live in Tallahassee if he wanted.

Unregistered
    Not being a current resident, not being able to vote in your own race and not paying taxes in the county your wanting to be an elected official is just wrong. I don’t think anyone thinks you have to live in Lee County to run for an elected position, most will think it doesn’t make sense to cast their vote for a non resident.

Unregistered
    Not being a current resident, not being able to vote in your own race and not paying taxes in the county your wanting to be an elected official is just wrong. I don’t think anyone thinks you have to live in Lee County to run for an elected position, most will think it doesn’t make sense to cast their vote for a non resident.
    Even IF your point is valid... would I rather have a sheriff that doesn’t seem to have the qualifications to perform the most simple tasks as an officer? One with what seems to be absolutely no training? One that is clearly morally and ethically challenged in so many ways?

Or would I want one whose house is located past the Charlotte county line, while their mailbox sits in Lee County?

Seems like Option 2 far exceeds Option 1.

Unregistered

Leavens for Lee...........or rather Charlotte

Don't care what you disgruntled few retirees who support Leavens say. Your ALL out of touch with the community and agency. The agency DOES care that a 30 year racist homophobic Zena phobic narcissist who doesn't live in Lee County NEVER become they're sheriff. It's spreading like wild fire around the county.

Leavens has NEVER voted for a sheriff or elected official in Lee County since 1987 BUT NOW he expects people to vote for him?!?! What an absolute joke. NEVER

Unregistered
    Don't care what you disgruntled few retirees who support Leavens say. Your ALL out of touch with the community and agency. The agency DOES care that a 30 year racist homophobic Zena phobic narcissist who doesn't live in Lee County NEVER become they're sheriff. It's spreading like wild fire around the county.

Leavens has NEVER voted for a sheriff or elected official in Lee County since 1987 BUT NOW he expects people to vote for him?!?! What an absolute joke. NEVER
    Wow. Your eloquence is astounding, as always. I do have to say, though- yet again, you seem to avoid the actual issue. Instead you continue to spout the same incoherent, unproven nonsense over and over again.

Unregistered

leavens for charlotte

Let me put it as eloquently as I can: The agency and the community and the business leaders of LEE COUNTY are quite happy with the current sheriff. The agency doesn't want a good ole racist homophobic Zena phobic retiree who doesn't live or vote in LEE COUNTY as sheriff.

You'd think the lack of funds and lack of support leavens has thus far would convince anyone with average intelligence the futility of his endeavor.

Unregistered
    Anyone that really knows Leavens knows he is not qualified! He was caught sleeping numerous times while assigned to Jail Investigations, “ he’s leaving soon, that’s just Jim”. Tuck your shirt in when your in the public eye and wear some normal shoes redneck. Trump 2020, Marceno 2020...

Unregistered

Done

Anyone that really knows Leavens knows he is not qualified! He was caught sleeping numerous times while assigned to Jail Investigations, “ he’s leaving soon, that’s just Jim”. Tuck your shirt in when your in the public eye and wear some normal shoes redneck. Trump 2020, Marceno 2020...
    Sounds like words from a desperate campaign that is sinking faster then the titanic did. Trump will be comming to town and meeting with Leavens as he is pro life. Carmine has already been dismantled. Just a waiting game now.

Unregistered
    $600,000 strong and going nowhere! Fundraisers from Boca Grande, North Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Lehigh, Bonita Springs, Estero, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Captiva and Sanibel still to come. Only half way there!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast