Computers / office hours - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    From what I am hearing the Captains will be eliminated shortly because they are SES and one LT will run each office. Which I feel bad for our Lt because they are buried as it is. Not sure whats being done with offices that have two Lt's. We will have a north and south Chief. As for hours and parking cars, that is coming too. Unless directed by your LT it is 8:30 to 5p. Other hours dictated as needed by the Lt. Things are about to change radically boyz and girlz. Get ready!
    Blasphemy I say! There is no one at Blair Stone capable of making such a decision. It will continue to be what it is because it is what we know. There is no room for that line of thinking here and until you can produce the spreadsheet I say Good Day, Sir!

Unregistered
    We have met our destiny on the road we took to avoid it. My LT glazed over on a conference call and when he was able to speak, that is what he said. He then left the office and no one has seen him since. Anyone know what's going on?

Unregistered
    Yes. We are 8-5. Hour lunch break. Cars stay at office. Drive POV to and from. Job cuts coming. Everyone’s walking around trying to figure out who is going and who is staying.

Unregistered
    We have met our destiny on the road we took to avoid it. My LT glazed over on a conference call and when he was able to speak, that is what he said. He then left the office and no one has seen him since. Anyone know what's going on?
    Yes the only thing changing is we are doing beverage law. Gambling, narcotics, man pills, counterfeit T-shirt’s, and anything else not covered by chapter 20 is done. All of those type cases will now be referred to the locals if we get them. The captains will b making the referrals to the locals advising we don’t work these anymore. No adopting the local cases either. If u come across anything while doing beverage enforcement say like narcotics possession u can still make the arrest but no admin attached. It’s pretty simple what to do and to all those that r crying the world is ending should go. Wait a few years and the pendulum will swing again. Almost everyone cried when felonies were mandated now some of u r crying they r leaving.

Unregistered
    Yes. We are 8-5. Hour lunch break. Cars stay at office. Drive POV to and from. Job cuts coming. Everyone’s walking around trying to figure out who is going and who is staying.
    I heard ft Pierce is being eliminated and Tampa is downsizing. Orlando is losing the captain and 1 lieutenant. Margate and palm beach condensed

Unregistered
    I heard ft Pierce is being eliminated and Tampa is downsizing. Orlando is losing the captain and 1 lieutenant. Margate and palm beach condensed
    Ha! Working 8-5 for half you rump rangers would mean doubling your work hours! This is ABT and 561-569 plus 210 is the only thing we need. All this whining about working underage is crushing my spirit. Do the job you are being paid to do and shut the @$&$&@@!??! Up! Be grateful you aren't humping calls on midnights or 10-65 a S4. And another thing I didn't even know there was a Fort Pierce office. I don't care what the flavor of the week is and you shouldn't either. I suffered through being a shill for the recording industry and enforced copyright laws. I acted like I cared about all kinds of stupid crap just to get through the week. Now I am being told to focus on enforcing the beverage law? PRAISE be to TCO!
    This is a good job that just became a great job!

Unregistered

Laptop? I don't need no stinkin' laptop!

There was a time when agents looked forward to going to the office to do paperwork. They liked the interaction and camaraderie. It was team building in a literal sense. If you finished your tasks early you helped your partner with theirs. Not anymore. Agents set in Starbucks with their laptops sucking up WiFi and thumping on a keyboard in an attempt to claim they are working. I'm sorry but that isn't working. Do you stop the clock when you tell your stupid 'I'm an Operator" stories to the tattoo covered employees? How about when you stop to stare at the moms in their yoga pants? Or even when you update your moronic Facebook page? Nope. You don't. And that is another thing. We have so many stupid agents and inspectors that update their crappy social media while on duty and claim that as work time. If you have time to post a selfie during work you don't have enough to do. How about doing another survey or inspection? Nobody gives a crap that you think so much of yourself that you have to update everyone on what trivial pursuit you are engaged in. Stop it!
    So laptops are being picked up because they are soon to be obsolete? You are getting a new desktop to do your work from? You will have to come to the office to do your paperwork? I say it is about time. We should have never issued laptops and I hope we don't do it again. You have an office for a reason and if you are going to whine that your drive time to and from the office doesn't count then MOVE CLOSER TO THE OFFICE or tell your spouse your day will be extended to 6 or 8 hours a day instead of your normal 4 hours. In the interim shut your *^&%^ pie hole, tell the Starbucks crew you have work to do and be thankful you work at the best state agency your internet generated diploma will allow!

Unregistered
    There was a time when agents looked forward to going to the office to do paperwork. They liked the interaction and camaraderie. It was team building in a literal sense. If you finished your tasks early you helped your partner with theirs. Not anymore. Agents set in Starbucks with their laptops sucking up WiFi and thumping on a keyboard in an attempt to claim they are working. I'm sorry but that isn't working. Do you stop the clock when you tell your stupid 'I'm an Operator" stories to the tattoo covered employees? How about when you stop to stare at the moms in their yoga pants? Or even when you update your moronic Facebook page? Nope. You don't. And that is another thing. We have so many stupid agents and inspectors that update their crappy social media while on duty and claim that as work time. If you have time to post a selfie during work you don't have enough to do. How about doing another survey or inspection? Nobody gives a crap that you think so much of yourself that you have to update everyone on what trivial pursuit you are engaged in. Stop it!
    So laptops are being picked up because they are soon to be obsolete? You are getting a new desktop to do your work from? You will have to come to the office to do your paperwork? I say it is about time. We should have never issued laptops and I hope we don't do it again. You have an office for a reason and if you are going to whine that your drive time to and from the office doesn't count then MOVE CLOSER TO THE OFFICE or tell your spouse your day will be extended to 6 or 8 hours a day instead of your normal 4 hours. In the interim shut your *^&%^ pie hole, tell the Starbucks crew you have work to do and be thankful you work at the best state agency your internet generated diploma will allow!
    Wow, pee’d in your wheaties??? Get a grip.....

Unregistered

Talking

Wow, pee’d in your wheaties??? Get a grip.....
    Which one are you? The idiot that lives 2 hours from the office or the Operator that hangs out in Starbucks? I have a grip buddy and it will choke the laziness out of you. Saddle up! And I'm not talking about that pink saddle you wear with your little pony outfit.

Unregistered
    Which one are you? The idiot that lives 2 hours from the office or the Operator that hangs out in Starbucks? I have a grip buddy and it will choke the laziness out of you. Saddle up! And I'm not talking about that pink saddle you wear with your little pony outfit.
    Neither of your descriptions but one that actually can do beverage without losing my mind like u appear to b having a meltdown over. Let me guess your one of the know it all been there felonious beverage agents that now doesn’t know what to do but strike out at your perceived enemy of the state. We stay away from the office to avoid your type of malcontents and prefer not to break bread with u and listen to how and mighty u use to b.

Good day

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast