Needing a s54

Thread: Needing a s54

Unregistered

Needing a s54

I have been with TPD for over 7 years. I have never had any major issues with any of my supervisors until this year. I feel like I am working for Dr. Jekyll and Mr/Mrs. Hyde. Possibly the sgt is just losing the mind, suffering from bipolar disorder or just is in need for a fitness for duty evaluation.

The Sgt now shows us where we stand on the squad “how much of the workload we share.” This of course comes from our stat system; I am sure no one has yet figured out how to manipulate those numbers, lol. The sgt looks at how many assigned calls we go to and how many reports we generate out of them. Hmmmm doesn’t take a Detective to figure out we don’t write rpts on a 42/16. But this is how this sgt feels the best way to evaluate the officers is.

To makes things worse the sgt singles out a first year officer using them as an example of how the rest of us should be. It’s not the fact they pull more of the weight but this officer who was already feeling like they were doing nothing correct (which by the way this is one of the best 1st year officer I have seen in my 11 years, 2 agencies).

Now if it were just me having this issue I wouldn’t even be on here. I understand not everyone’s personalities mesh well. The fact is that my fellow squad member have brought this to me.

This is a tenured Sgt, with maybe 2 years left.

I have already went to the sgt to have a discussion with them with an open mind, not that they need to explain their actions however I suspected this sgt was a leader and not a supervisor prior to bidding. The attempted discussion was pretty much met with them telling me pound sand I am the boss not you.

I have already tried going that route. This is not a mutant but every single officer on said squad sees serious concerns.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as the next course of action.

Thank you in advanced and stay safe out there.

Unregistered
    Easy solution, quit being lazy and your Sgt won’t be up your ass. That’s the problem nowadays. When the Sgt starts holding their squad accountable, you millennials start crying about it. The old school Sgts would have cussed you out of the building for even crying to them about it. Man up and get to work!

Unregistered
    Set up a meeting with the sergeant's lieutenant and several squad members including yourself to air out your concerns. That way you don't look like a single disgruntled troublemaker. There is power in numbers.

Unregistered
    Learn proper grammar and spelling for starters.

Unregistered
    Sorry being a Patrolman is so different than being the Union President

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry being a Patrolman is so different than being the Union President
    This just might be one the funniest posts I've ever read on this site! Very true also.

Unregistered
    “The Sgt now shows us where we stand on the squad “how much of the workload we share.” This of course comes from our stat system; I am sure no one has yet figured out how to manipulate those numbers, lol. The sgt looks at how many assigned calls we go to and how many reports we generate out of them. Hmmmm doesn’t take a Detective to figure out we don’t write rpts on a 42/16. But this is how this sgt feels the best way to evaluate the officers is.”

Sounds like you are not sharing in the workload and are pouting about getting called out for it. Let me guess your always the 54, the last one to get to the call so you can dump it on the other officer, sit on 42s all day and are T6 on false alarms longer than a homicide while the rest of squad is carrying the load.

Unregistered

Sarge is that you...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    “The Sgt now shows us where we stand on the squad “how much of the workload we share.” This of course comes from our stat system; I am sure no one has yet figured out how to manipulate those numbers, lol. The sgt looks at how many assigned calls we go to and how many reports we generate out of them. Hmmmm doesn’t take a Detective to figure out we don’t write rpts on a 42/16. But this is how this sgt feels the best way to evaluate the officers is.”

Sounds like you are not sharing in the workload and are pouting about getting called out for it. Let me guess your always the 54, the last one to get to the call so you can dump it on the other officer, sit on 42s all day and are T6 on false alarms longer than a homicide while the rest of squad is carrying the load.
    Busted. I’ll bring you in some coffee cake on our first day back..

They don’t call me (insert call sign)54 for nothing baby, has to earn that one.