Retiring Fed Lateraling to FHP - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard several times during my career that FHP is the Navy Seals of Law Enforcemenr and I’d love to be a part of that brotherhood.
    I can understand why someone that worked at NOLA and ICE wouldn't know any better. But for the rest of us...

Unregistered
    You guys have been trolled again. This one had you for a while.

It looked pretty good until the "Real police work BS" came out.

Unregistered
    Hello! I’m about to retire after 28 years of serving for my city department. Money is not an issue as I will be retiring as a captain. My retirement yearly salary will be about 135,000 with cola. I’m pretty bored at home as I’m currently exploring all my options and I figured what better agency to join than “Florida’s Finest” ??I’m willing to move anywhere in Florida as I have a pretty nice RV that opens up. I rather not work weekends or midnights. From 1-10 how good is it to work for this elite agency? I’m really in the brink of making this move and I need the motivation.

Unregistered
    Hello! I’m about to retire after 28 years of serving for my city department. Money is not an issue as I will be retiring as a captain. My retirement yearly salary will be about 135,000 with cola. I’m pretty bored at home as I’m currently exploring all my options and I figured what better agency to join than “Florida’s Finest” ??I’m willing to move anywhere in Florida as I have a pretty nice RV that opens up. I rather not work weekends or midnights. From 1-10 how good is it to work for this elite agency? I’m really in the brink of making this move and I need the motivation.
    Come on you will love it. We have a bunch of retired lieutenants, captains, majors, light colonels and even full birds. You will have plenty to talk about with your shift mates. One of the favorite things to talk about is how great it was at your old agency and how FHP could learn from your experiences. You can park your RV at the station and use the free wifi too! I don't know how you will avoid nights and weekends while you are on FTO but when you promote in a few months, that should work out itself out for you.

Unregistered
    Come on you will love it. We have a bunch of retired lieutenants, captains, majors, light colonels and even full birds. You will have plenty to talk about with your shift mates. One of the favorite things to talk about is how great it was at your old agency and how FHP could learn from your experiences. You can park your RV at the station and use the free wifi too! I don't know how you will avoid nights and weekends while you are on FTO but when you promote in a few months, that should work out itself out for you.
    Gee thanks for your wonderful insight. Perhaps I’ll get a doctors note excusing me from working midnight hours after I get hired.

Joey Fed Hotshotz
    Hello. I am retiring from the US Secret Police Services. I get a pension and take home car for the rest of my life. I have so many medals I can't stand up if I try to pin half of them on. I have commendations from 17 US presidents. I am wealthy but don't want to sit around the house. I wish to lateral transfer (Dictionary says: Same job/employer different location) to FHP. I know you guys do real police work, breaking up smuggling rings, rappelling from a blackhawk into Bin Laden's compound, pulling people from burning cars, writing LEO's tickets, and all that REAL Police work. Hoooo -- AAAH! How long will they make my academy? How much $ ? Do they accept Bitcoin? I have a couple of award ceremonies and also don't want to miss Ilhan Omar's Presidential inauguration ceremony in 2021. Stay safe!

Unregistered
    Gee thanks for your wonderful insight. Perhaps I’ll get a doctors note excusing me from working midnight hours after I get hired.
    I would get that note before you report to the Academy and bring it with you. They will need it as part of the check-in process. Make several copies.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by TXICE View Post
    Haha...no way brother. I'm from the old school when cops were actually cops. I'm retired from the local pd in New Orleans and Ill have the second retirement from the feds. Almost 30 years of leo experience. Ill leave the booze police and the checking ID's to the guys who don't wanna be real cops. That goes for school / campus cops as well. If you wanna be the police....be the police. Rant over.

Then I would suggest Bay County Sheriff's Office. You can Patrol, Traffic ,Warrants , K9, Bomb, Aviation, Beach Patrol, Crime Scene, Bicycles, Civil, Detectives, Courts, Marine. Im sure a few I missed. Wayyyyyyy more opportunity. FHP is not a full service agency despite what their website says. Your strictly work crashes and tickets with occasional enforcement. But if your are as you say. You will not like what you find. Jacked up Shift work. If a crime is reported. It is turned over to 1049, Sorry other agency. Im just trying to point out reality. It is not a State Police by no means. If you like it. Good luck. Just do your homework on how Florida LE is structured.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12