Better pay and raise the detail rate!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Better pay and raise the detail rate!

Maybe if the city would raise pay and the detail rate people would stop leaving. Sgts, Captains and Officer’s would not have to work a second job.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe if the city would raise pay and the detail rate people would stop leaving. Sgts, Captains and Officer’s would not have to work a second job.
    Why are you posting this here? Why aren't you talking to your union people? That's their job so posting on here does NOTHING!

Unregistered
    The detail rate is going up! But the city is taking the extra $5, we’re staying at 30🖕🏿
    As for salaries? Na. We’ll remain the lowest in the entire county.

Unregistered
    The detail rate is going up! But the city is taking the extra $5, we’re staying at 30🖕🏿
    As for salaries? Na. We’ll remain the lowest in the entire county.
    Why are you posting this here? Why aren't you talking to your union people? That's their job so posting on here does NOTHING!

Unregistered
    Why would a black city pay a decent wage to the police, considering that they do not like the police? They have never liked the police, so do you think they care? The best officers are hired elsewhere, because they pay more money. I'm sure that I will be attacked as racist, but I"m not - this is simply the way it is. Secondly, most of our commissioners make sorry money themselves - so by comparison they think mpd is making too much money already. In other cities the commissioners are usually people who have good careers, make good money, and therefore, by personal comparison, don't think their police are paid excessively. Add to that they generally like the police, so their officers are paid more. If you think that this post is wrong, rethink it in a few more years when you have more life experience. Lastly, other departments are trying very hard to hire good officers - so why wouldn't our good officers with not much time invested (especially our black officers) not leave for better pay elsewhere? Answer, they would and will. Again, the city just doesn't care because they don't like "the police" anyway.

Unregistered
    Oh trust me, we have. They said nothing will change in that aspect. Asked the chief directly, zero raises. So all we can do is let the world know how shitty it is.

Unregistered
    I agree with the poster above other cities are trying to recruit the best and offering incentives this city and department could care less about bringing in talent. We can’t even hold onto the people we have.

Unregistered
    Crickets from the PBA

Unregistered
    Oh trust me, we have. They said nothing will change in that aspect. Asked the chief directly, zero raises. So all we can do is let the world know how shitty it is.
    Which MPD union guy did you talk to? Post initials please. Posting on here means nothing. Absolutely not a single thing! No one that reads this has the ability to change this so these posts do not help the situation because the world as you think does not read this. Call the newspaper or start a website or protest at the commission meetings but posting here is a waste of your time.

Unregistered
    Several things: the Union can't make the city give you one dime that they don't want to give. Call the newspaper if you want, if printed the residents of Miramar will side with the commission, because all of them don't like the police. What makes anyone think that decades of culture will suddenly change now? Get it through your heads - They Don't Like You!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast