Body cameras are coming --- The last straw for many - Page 26
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would bet that body cameras is playing a part of the police shortage across the country. Who wants to be recorded all day at work. Then questioned and criticized on every act and/or decision they chose by the people who don't work and understand the profession or don't wear a body cam even though they have a badge and gun.
    Well said. Straight to the point. Our “evaluators” and “judges” have no idea what it truly takes to do this job and have all the time in the world to review and judge our actions. Actions we only had a split second to make. The constant lose lose situations, the set ups to fail, and using us as liability buffers for everyone, are why cops are quitting and don't apply anymore. We have no voice. Agencies have a voice but only look out for the agency as a whole... admin. Front line cops, police, deputies, troopers, and so on are of no value. Fix that, and you fix 95% of the policing problems in this country.

Unregistered
    Well said. Straight to the point. Our “evaluators” and “judges” have no idea what it truly takes to do this job and have all the time in the world to review and judge our actions. Actions we only had a split second to make. The constant lose lose situations, the set ups to fail, and using us as liability buffers for everyone, are why cops are quitting and don't apply anymore. We have no voice. Agencies have a voice but only look out for the agency as a whole... admin. Front line cops, police, deputies, troopers, and so on are of no value. Fix that, and you fix 95% of the policing problems in this country.
    I have to agree with you 100%. I can’t continue to work in this impossible system. I think staying as an employee with these views and being part of the problem only enables the impossible system to continue. I’m going to make a statement and quit.

Unregistered
    I have to agree with you 100%. I can’t continue to work in this impossible system. I think staying as an employee with these views and being part of the problem only enables the impossible system to continue. I’m going to make a statement and quit.
    Buh bye!!!!

Unregistered
    While I do not tell posters to shut up and quit, I applaud the poster that is resigning for taking their future in their own hands. The law enforcement job is not for everyone and some things are beyond employees control. I realized that years ago and accept my career as it was instead of seeking other employment. If you can’t get past things not being what you expected, your mental health and the mental health of your loved ones might be better off doing as the ones that are resigning. It is easy to criticize the current administration, employees criticized previous administrations as well. Changes will be made from administration to administration. Each Sheriff has their pet peeves, likes and dislikes, things they want to fix. Sheriff Henderson fell behind the Internet Technology curve and we fell behind other agencies. Sheriff Gee fixed that but fell behind in Recruitment and Screening. Sheriff Chronister is correcting that but it will take time. He is also more visible with the media which Sheriff Gee was criticized for. Now, you criticize Sheriff Chrinister for media time. He will also do and has done things you consider silly, but precious Sheriff’s have made their marks as well so cut the Sheriff some slack. You would probably do the same. Back to the topic at hand, if you are not happy with you precious decision, things were not as you expected them to be, or things have changed that have made you unhappy, take control of your life, make decisions, and take action beyond complaining on this sight. There as so many other careers in the world that might provide you the opportunity to live a happy life. I recognize the money might not be the same but your sanity has a value. If the stress ruins or ends your life, the money isn’t worth it. My respect remains for all of you fighting the fight as I have retired after many years. While I miss those I worked with, miss the uniform and miss thee job, I no longer carry the stress the job. BTW, I apologize if I made any grammatical errors.

Unregistered
    Buh bye!!!!
    I agree. Anyone who doesn’t love their job and support the agency and the sheriff needs to STFU and quit.

Unregistered
    I agree. Anyone who doesn’t love their job and support the agency and the sheriff needs to STFU and quit.
    SJ already did. And he's much better off for it. His current supervisors value him.

Unregistered
    SJ already did. And he's much better off for it. His current supervisors value him.
    You mean the custodial manager values him. It’s good to hear that. Must be some other reason he’s made phone calls to inquire about getting his job back.

Unregistered
    Well looks like the OP was not full of it. Someone on my squad just submitted their resignation memo. They told me it was because of the cameras. I don't know if anyone else will resign because of the cameras or not. But at least one deputy is gone, or will be in 2 weeks or so.

Unregistered
    Well looks like the OP was not full of it. Someone on my squad just submitted their resignation memo. They told me it was because of the cameras. I don't know if anyone else will resign because of the cameras or not. But at least one deputy is gone, or will be in 2 weeks or so.
    So the person was either a weak minded quitter or was doing corrupt things. Either way, it can be seen as a win. Thanks, body cameras!

Unregistered
    So the person was either a weak minded quitter or was doing corrupt things. Either way, it can be seen as a win. Thanks, body cameras!

Nice try to draw an incorrect correlation and look like a hero to the brass. This deputy didn't want any more straws on their back. Nothing less, nothing more. They said they would resign if mandated to wear a camera, and they did. Next.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast