Body cameras are coming --- The last straw for many - Page 12
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Well we know Chad doesn't need body cam. Not that he ever had , tried or does police work, he's like the F-ing self produced Truman show! A forklift with your name? You narcissistic fxxk! By the way, how's G-roc or whatever your son's name is?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It can be done if you are organized, and have good communication with your supervisors. It’s pretty simple, sounds like you are just wanting to make things difficult OR you may be nervous about being held accountable.😳
    No. The system should be 100% active and in place. There should be no questions, no asking, and no bartering. Besides, some supervisors seem to get off on screwing their troops or looking out for specific ones that kiss ass. It should be standard and not per each supervisors discretion. We go through too many supervisors and they are all different. It gets old and irritating. Especially going from one that cares to one that doesn't. Or worse, to one that chases rank and our expense. It should be a system in place in writing in and SOP. Specific admin time OR truly take one call at a time. Meaning everything relating to that call gets done before moving to the next. Everything. You might just have to add a mid shift and hire more deputies to facilitate this instead of the games that are played now. Let me remind you of how many are quitting. That should explain it all.

Unregistered
    It can be done if you are organized, and have good communication with your supervisors. It’s pretty simple, sounds like you are just wanting to make things difficult OR you may be nervous about being held accountable.😳
    Nice attempt in blame shifting. Typical manipulative behavior that makes the public hate cops and cops hate their bosses. How about you ask the 4, 5, 10 people that resigned within the last few months about it. Ask them about this clever phenomenon that has been pulled on us for years. To sum up... basically after physically leaving a call or investigation, all the admin, reporting, and evidence steps are our own personal problem. Reporting that define our performance and that determine the quality of our investigations and court cases with no specific time given to complete them. We have to find our own time and rush to do them even after the shift is over. During the worse times when we are the most rushed and thinking the least clear. All while still taking on new cases. The “one call at a time” saying and theory is a lie and does not exist. Im telling you, this is why deputies are quitting. It gets busier as the day progresses and we sink further. There is no mid shift to help. It can not be done unless you stop taking calls. When you do, it looks bad. You have to violate SOP and look bad to simply do your job. Its LOSE LOSE every day. Can you imagine 30 years of that? Fix this and you fix 90% of patrol. Deputies will become more proactive, work calls with more calm detail, and so on.... As of bow, the better cop you become, the faster you learn to be, the more experienced and efficient you become, gets you nothing but more calls, more cases and fall behind even further. There is no way to shin. There is no way to work harder towards reward, positive feedback, or positive reinforcement. I look around and see every deputy running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Good cops busting their asses. Yet, everything blamed on them. No matter how hard anyone works, its not enough. Its always their fault. It gets old fast. As fast as the average resignation time maybe? Think about it. As soon as someone fixes this, moral decay will continue and deputies will keep resigning. It is human nature so stay away from the negative. You cant keep telling your workers to put a square peg in a round hole everyday and demand they think it is proper. This constant crazy making is far worse than crime, rude citizens, violent calls, seeing death, and so on relating to police work. Those things are a part of life. This issue I mentioned here can easily be fixed, but no one cares to do so. That is where the frustration lies. Death by a thousand cuts. New patches, new vehicle decals, new guns, the sheriff’s name plastered everywhere... fixes nothing. The same old problems lie underneath. It can be fixed, but its in the details and not on the surface. Learn to listen to your workers. Not some ass kisser patrol committee where no one has the balls to speak up in fear of never getting promoted. Your real workers. Then learn to push that info up the chain. That information stops climbing where balls are lacking. Thats when nothing gets fixed. That is a fact. Try that instead of turning valid problems around on the workers.

Unregistered
    MIC

DROP

!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we just need EVERY deputy to agree to doing this. Only give 100%.
    And don’t resign, make them fire you!!

Unregistered
    We do get paid well, but we ARE NOT given the time or staffing in which to do all those tasks All while taking on new calls and cases to the very end of the shift without going home hours and hours late! Its not about the money. This is a proven fact based on many studies. Google the article written in Forbes. Give us the God damn allotted time we need to do all those tasks. We cant do it all with minimal staffing. Once it cuts into our family life and once 12 hour shifts start turning into 15 hour shifts, sometimes two or three days in a row, it becomes NOT WORTH IT real fast. Sustainability is the key. If you don't believe that, then ask so many that have quit and taken substantial pay cuts at other jobs. Nice try twisting it all around and making it about pay. Obviously pay doesn't keep deputies from quitting. What else you got?
    Yup. All the 8am-5pm admin staff forgot about all of that while sitting in their offices drinking coffee and taking 1 hour lunches

Unregistered
    Nah, I'm gona do what I do until they fire me. Nothing illegal or immoral. Just not tolerating BS. Im not falling for the resignation in leu of dismissal BS either. Im getting my unemployment afterwards. I have absolutely no intentions on doing this garbage job again, so I'm not worried. Plus employers know how much it sucks to be a cop in this day and age. They will understand. You can count on that. Everyone knows how crooked police agencies are, so they will get it. Ill stay and do my job as if we were fully staffed. I will do no less work, but NO MORE. I will not compensate for a staffing negligence. They can fire me. How do you like that tough guy? Anymore insults? Im happy these posts bother you to the point where you regress into childish name calling. Keep giving it 300% like a mindless slave. Ill keep giving it no more than 100%. While we both make the same money. Enjoy sucker.
    Daaammmmnn! (Slow clap)

Unregistered
    What the Sheriff & Chief are overlooking, or simply don’t care, is that what the cameras represent is how trust between the Sheriff and his deputies has severely eroded! Thanks to the media, cell phones, weasels and training new deputies to dime everyone out for minor infractions that won’t compromise the overall mission of the office, is what did it! Law Enforcement has already taken too many steps back and the pendulum has swung way to far to the other side! A once proud profession holds no luster anymore! What a damn shame.
    You are an idiot. How about trust be the office and the public. If you do your job what are you scared of? This job has never had luster, never.

Unregistered
    You are an idiot. How about trust be the office and the public. If you do your job what are you scared of? This job has never had luster, never.
    Integrity used to mean something at this office you balloon-head! You just don’t get it, do you? Now how about you go and STFU! Of course right after you’ve finished your kool aid, jabroni.

Unregistered
    If the cameras are there "to protect you" why are supervisors at the Sgt. And Lt. level required to review footage even when there was no complaint? "It is there to protect you" is B.S.!!! If someone is out to get you, they will review and question everything you did just like the media and public does.. it does not matter. They will be out to get you and question everything you do from the sideline. Either they will manipulate your actions against you to their benefit or make your life miserable until you leave. Discretion is gone. Helping someone who made a bad and minor decision is done. Just go ahead and make a bunch of Robocops to do the job. Forget "life experiences"... what does it matter. You break the law you get punished... cause if you don't, I will.

Unregistered
    If the cameras are there "to protect you" why are supervisors at the Sgt. And Lt. level required to review footage even when there was no complaint? "It is there to protect you" is B.S.!!! If someone is out to get you, they will review and question everything you did just like the media and public does.. it does not matter. They will be out to get you and question everything you do from the sideline. Either they will manipulate your actions against you to their benefit or make your life miserable until you leave. Discretion is gone. Helping someone who made a bad and minor decision is done. Just go ahead and make a bunch of Robocops to do the job. Forget "life experiences"... what does it matter. You break the law you get punished... cause if you don't, I will.
    You are absolutely correct. Every law, including J Walking, will be enforced. EVERY LAW! Supervisor think we're too busy now with paperwork to take the next call... Hold my beer!

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast