Body cameras are coming --- The last straw for many
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Body cameras are coming --- The last straw for many

Body cameras are coming here. Standby.

I'll tell you this, the day I am required to put on a body camera is the day I give my 2 week notice. CALL MY BLUFF! Many of my co-workers have already expressed the same. This will be the last nail in the coffin. This will be the the last straw. Actually, I guess it's wrong to say the body cameras issue is the "straw" that broke the camel's back. Because straws are light. But the issue of body cameras is the 2,000 pound anvil that will break the back of many deputies.

At least we have enough forrwarning to start preparing for that day. Plans are already being made for life away from this once great agency. This is a huge mistake, which will have a HUGE negative effect on this agency.

As much as I hate to say it, I am finally forced to admit that Doocobo knew what the f he was doing, with the body cameras issue. I really despise Docobo, but at least he said "NEVER!" This agency is going to lose a TON of deputies. And those who stay, standby for no privacy, suspensions, terminations, lawsuits, and even arrests based upon comments taken out of context, amongst other things.

Unregistered
    https://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/PurchPage/BidLists/Lists/2019-Bid-List/18-19.aspx
    https://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/PurchPa...ist/18-19.aspx

Unregistered
    Get your panties out of a wad. The majority of IA investigations result in clearing the accused. Do your job the way you are supposed to and you will have no issues.

Unregistered
    OP who are you? So we can make sure you get one so you will leave

Unregistered
    What the Sheriff & Chief are overlooking, or simply don’t care, is that what the cameras represent is how trust between the Sheriff and his deputies has severely eroded! Thanks to the media, cell phones, weasels and training new deputies to dime everyone out for minor infractions that won’t compromise the overall mission of the office, is what did it! Law Enforcement has already taken too many steps back and the pendulum has swung way to far to the other side! A once proud profession holds no luster anymore! What a damn shame.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Get your panties out of a wad. The majority of IA investigations result in clearing the accused. Do your job the way you are supposed to and you will have no issues.
    Oh that’s a lie. IA does nothing to clear deputies that come under scrutiny. You can do your job perfectly and still have issues. So your ass is delusional.

Unregistered
    I don't have a problem wearing a camera, as long as every member of this agency (Everyone assigned an ABN) wears one also. That will never happen.

Unregistered
    I don't have a problem wearing a camera, as long as every member of this agency (Everyone assigned an ABN) wears one also. That will never happen.
    The Sheriff, the Chief, the Colonels, the Majors, Captains, Lieutenants, Sergeant, Corporals, and deputies... ALL OF THEM will be required to have their cameras recording 100% of the time the are working. At their desks, in the office, in their cars, EVERYTHING!

Unregistered
    Wow, so what about Master Deputies, Detectives, Master Detectives, Master Corporals and Master Sergeants? Are they exempt in your world? You're an idiot. Do your job, be a professional and keep earning a higher wage than you should be.

Unregistered
    Wow, so what about Master Deputies, Detectives, Master Detectives, Master Corporals and Master Sergeants? Are they exempt in your world? You're an idiot. Do your job, be a professional and keep earning a higher wage than you should be.

Yes Einstein, they are exempt.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast