Body cameras are coming --- The last straw for many - Page 6
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What you going to do to stop me pu$$y boy punk?
    I already did🤓

Unregistered
    I already did🤓
    Apparently not, I’m still posting what and when I want.

Unregistered
    Here's another senario: Romeo and Juliet (Both 16 and straight A sudents) start dating (And having sexual relations.) Romeo turn 18 (before Juliet does), and Juliet's mother gets mad at Romeo for whatever reason. Juiet's mother complains about Romeo banging her 17 year old daughter, and we respond. We end up arresting both for raping each other, just to cover ourselves. Of course the SAO drops the charges, but in the meantime, we wasted hours to investigate it, and now the two have a criminal history. Before the cameras, we would explain to mother that her daughter will be arrested also, so she might want to change her mind about what she wants done.
    This is NOT a great example. You need to look at the state law regarding statutory rape, especially the Romeo and Juliet Law (ironic considering your example). A 16 or 17-year-old can have consensual relations with someone 16 to 23-year-old.

Your lack of knowledge makes a great case for body cameras! Q.A.

Unregistered
    What no one has mentioned is that we're very late to the body camera game. Agencies locally and all over the country, large and small alike, have figured out the technology, procedures, and the "what if" scenarios. Are you convinced that we're stupid to figure it out too? Pasco SO for God's sake...

Most of you probably don't remember because you haven't been here very long... but this agency introduced GPS tracking well over a decade ago and the complaints lodged via LEOAffairs threads were awfully similar to these! Guess what? They installed them anyway, we lived through it, and we learned from it. Life goes on.

The difference was no one quit over it because we weren't a bunch of millennial crybabies. If that's really the last straw then go apply somewhere else and ask the recruiter if they use body cams or not and see how that works. Or just get out of law enforcement all together.

Unregistered
    The hysteria on this thread in pure gold. This is going to be like when the old GPS units where in the trunk and everybody was disconnecting them thinking "the man" was tracking every step they took; low and behold now the GPS in in the laptop and you can't turn it off..and guess what, nobody cares unless you are screwing of or claim you where somewhere you where not......just do your damn job and don't make conjecture about what "might" happen.....SMH

Unregistered
    I have a buddy that wears a camera in Sacramento. He said that the new generation of body cams can be accessed remotely by dispatch and supervisors. This will also give real time feed that will be used in situations in need of direct supervision.

Unregistered
    I have a buddy that wears a camera in Sacramento. He said that the new generation of body cams can be accessed remotely by dispatch and supervisors. This will also give real time feed that will be used in situations in need of direct supervision.
    Nice..So basically you go to a theft call at Walmart, you slide in the bathroom to pee, and it's "Lights, camera, action." WTF?

Unregistered
    Nice..So basically you go to a theft call at Walmart, you slide in the bathroom to pee, and it's "Lights, camera, action." WTF?
    If your peni$ is at least average size, you have nothing to worry about. If you have a little bitty baby dikc, then you’ll be ridiculed. Better quit now.

Unregistered
    While it may be true they can be turned on remotely, I don’t think they have developed the electronic scanning microscope technology required to capture an image of your unit quite yet.

Unregistered
    I doubt anyone is quitting because of the cameras.

But if you do decide to take it all the way, do not resign. Tell them "I'm not wearing the camera, you can fire me if you want." That way not only do the have to pay you unemployment, but it's near impossible to win a wrongful termination lawsuit if you resign instead of being terminated.

I'd like to see how this pans out.

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast