Reimbursement

Thread: Reimbursement

Unregistered

Reimbursement

I left FHP over 2 years ago. They are now sending me letters for reimbursement cost for 1 year and 10 months of service. Has anyone else had this issue with FHP? The total is 10,909.

I turned all equipment in which was over 3k. And the boarding cost at academy is over 7k for 28 weeks. I was also a TRC so I was only there for 9.5 weeks.

What was your experience with this?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I left FHP over 2 years ago. They are now sending me letters for reimbursement cost for 1 year and 10 months of service. Has anyone else had this issue with FHP? The total is 10,909.

I turned all equipment in which was over 3k. And the boarding cost at academy is over 7k for 28 weeks. I was also a TRC so I was only there for 9.5 weeks.

You signed a 2 year contract with FHP, so you owe them the money. If not, you will be turned over to collections for recovery of the money.

Unregistered

Unfortunately, the rules are the rules. You signed a contract for 2 years of service with the FHP and fell short of that. Chalk it as a life lesson, friend. I'm sure you left so quickly to join a PD or Sheriff's Office to make more money and you got your money and paid the ultimate price. Contact FHP and see if they can work out a payment plan, or just let it go the Credit Collection and work out a monthly payment plan with them. Once again, your credit will be affected greatly by this but chalk it up as a life lesson. Best of luck.

Unregistered
    Unfortunately, the rules are the rules. You signed a contract for 2 years of service with the FHP and fell short of that. Chalk it as a life lesson, friend. I'm sure you left so quickly to join a PD or Sheriff's Office to make more money and you got your money and paid the ultimate price. Contact FHP and see if they can work out a payment plan, or just let it go the Credit Collection and work out a monthly payment plan with them. Once again, your credit will be affected greatly by this but chalk it up as a life lesson. Best of luck.
    You can make payments. You owe so it really shouldn't be an issue.

Unregistered
    You can make payments. You owe so it really shouldn't be an issue.
    See how many other people had to pay. Ask a legal professional for some advice. Right to work state. FHP is a sinking ship.

Unregistered
    You have two opinions, usually. Surrender your Leo certificates in Lou of payment Or pay the money. I let them take back my certs and didn’t pay the 10,000. But you have to pick one or the other.

Unregistered
    You have two options , usually. Surrender your Leo certificates in Lou of payment Or pay the money. I let them take back my certs and didn’t pay the 10,000. But you have to pick one or the other.

Unregistered
    Since your a transfer and had your cert not From the academy you can only pay back the money... I heard of others not paying it back but sounds like you should seek legal counsel. Sorry, probably got to pay it back tho

Unregistered
    FHP needs all the money it can get. The new administration is slowly but surely going back to review everyone that broke the contract. If you did you gotta pay or if you got your cert from FHP Academy you can relinquish it in the lou of payment. If your a transfer from another agency you got to pay the state back. No wiggle room on this, you signed the contract sorry.

Unregistered
    FHP needs all the money it can get. The new administration is slowly but surely going back to review everyone that broke the contract. If you did you gotta pay or if you got your cert from FHP Academy you can relinquish it in the lou of payment. If your a transfer from another agency you got to pay the state back. No wiggle room on this, you signed the contract sorry.
    This is management talking. Seek legal counsel and sue the Florida High Patrol for harassment. Keep you certification. There's no reason you couldn't be trained in the field to work accidents. They are trying to keep that Academy alive. FHP the sinking ship. Governor DeSantis