Detention to Patrol

Detention to Patrol

Detention to Patrol

Why do they make it so hard to transfer from Detention to Patrol? HCSO has lost great Deputies to TPD, Pasco, etc because of how they turn down Deputies trying to transfer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Detention to Patrol View Post
    Why do they make it so hard to transfer from Detention to Patrol? HCSO has lost great Deputies to TPD, Pasco, etc because of how they turn down Deputies trying to transfer.
    They’re under the false impression that detention is lesser than pure patrol! What they refuse to believe, even though it’s been proven, is that deputies who start in detention typically make better patrol deputies due to superior IPC skills! TPD and other Police agencies figured it out long ago! If you’re dual certified and not vested I would try to get on with TPD! They pay more, have union representation and you can retire after 20 years! Seems like a no brainer........

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Detention to Patrol View Post
    Working in jails is never popular among the criminal justice world. It's usually that the hiring standards are lower when it comes to detention. Also, jails are often understaffed most of the time it's easier to get a job in detention compared patrol due to the fierce competition.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Working in jails is never popular among the criminal justice world. It's usually that the hiring standards are lower when it comes to detention. Also, jails are often understaffed most of the time it's easier to get a job in detention compared patrol due to the fierce competition.
    I have so much respect for our Detention Deputies. That is a job, definitely a 25-30 year career, I could not do. I've been a LEO a long long time. If they told me today I had to go to the detention side, I couldn't do it.

Mad props!

Unregistered
    In the old days, you could come to the jail, work hard, do your time, and lateral transfer to patrol. It was very common. All you needed was the 2 month crossover academy and a two week modular. Those were good times. Before Gee and Docobo. It was very common to see detention deputies work three years or so in the jail then go to patrol. Within a few years of the Gee and Docobo insanity, it changed where you actually had to resign, reapply, do the two week SOT (again if you already did it in the first detention avadrmy), an entire 6 month academy, a ten week modular, and start all over. I know it has relaxed a bit since then, but its still in no way easy. I hope it is getting better.

See something like starting in the jail and planning on going to patrol or starting in patrol and planning to be a detective and so on are career paths. Something this agency doesn't give one crap about. They do nothing to help you cultivate your plan to seek advancement, grow, and progress unless you are a golden boy, plant city mafia, connected, and now... Diverse. Wait. I forgot hot blond rookie female that a supervisor is banging and gets pushed up the chain. I can name three right off the bat. When was the last time you heard of anyone that was not connected being pulled aside and acknowledged for experience or a particular skill they had that would be put to good use with regards to a transfer or promotion.

If you want to work in the jail, do it. However, don't go there planning to transfer out. The chances are too low to risk making this a career path for. No matter haw hard you work. It wont matter.

Unregistered
    If you are taking the time to try and make a point here, please proof read your posts before hitting the Submit Reply button guys, geez.

Unregistered
    If you are taking the time to try and make a point here, please proof read your posts before hitting the Submit Reply button guys, geez.
    Nah. This is not a grammar forum. It is informal. You and everyone that read it got the point just fine. You can count on that. The bigger issue here is that you are trying to do to us what you do to subordinate as a supervisor to maintain a shred of control over others, or what supervisors do to you when they nit pick to feel big and bad. Its all you have. No other power but that. Also, you try to bait and redirect the thread. Nice try. Its pretty basic behavior and I can do this all day. We are bringing up negative agency issues anonymously that our leaders would not like us to do. Im sure its the content everyone is concerned with. Not spelling. Grow up. Now I have to post something fat and juicy to undo your attempt to derail the topic.

Unregistered
    Now I have to post something fat and juicy to undo your attempt to derail the topic.
    Bro, word of caution.....make sure you get her permission before you post your wife’s photos.

Unregistered
    Bro, word of caution.....make sure you get her permission before you post your wife’s photos.
    I know that was an insult towards me, but that shiit was freaking funny. Made my day.

Unregistered
    Hey 💩 he or she has got you on this one! It’s a forum to air the offices wrong doings and how they don’t give two shi*s about their deputies! He or she is also spot on with your attempts to redirect the thread! You’re probably one of the many jaded non diverse or connected supervisors of this agency! Go drink the kool aid and watch reruns of COPS on you computer and leave the discussions on here to the rank and file who really are the backbone of this pathetic agency!