ALPR Back up and Running?!??

Unregistered

ALPR Back up and Running?!??

I heard a certain Charlie shift sergeant BOLO a “22 ALPR hit” that had a 2 day time delay on it. You heard that right! Tied up the air for a 2 day old 22 ALPR BOLO.

Funny how now, the ALPR is being called out on the radio again when just a couple of years ago, those who utilized it as an effective law enforcement tool (SGT BB, AC MM, to name a few) were dealing with constant backlash, mostly from the chief’s group of followers. They were dealing with lazy, loser cops who were used to being ZEROS their entire career here at CGPD. It got to a point where residents were complaining and calling the ALPR unconstitutional! Of course it was! It was implemented by AC MM and ACM FF.

But now, most of those individuals, who have moved on to better places, are complete afterthoughts. Individuals on the chief’s side will continue to tie up the air in order to BOLO BS 22 hits and hear themselves “lead from the middle” on the air, hoping to one day bask in the glory of their illustrious law enforcement career. That is the “me first, everyone under the bus second” attitude that has turned this once awesome agency into the place it has become. The numbers do not lie.

Unregistered
    Great crime fighting tools for those of us who are in this job to fight crime. Those that are in it for other reasons don’t care about catching bad guys and keeping our city beautiful safe. We need leaders focused on the right things.

Unregistered
    Why doesn’t the Chief like the LPR system? It’s been an awesome and effective tool in the City I work, Lighthouse Point. The citizens love it too. We’ve recovered hundreds of stolen vehicles, carjacking subjects, stopped burglars from entering and exiting the city, solved felon crimes, etc... I was looking to apply there, but if that’s the case I’ll steer clear. It appears people are not happy there. Is that true? How’s the morale? What local agencies are recommended to look into as a lateral? I have 7 yrs on and need to relocate because my wife got a new job near Brickell. Have always heard good things about the agency up until about 5 yrs ago... why is that? Seems to be a great City to live and work...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why doesn’t the Chief like the LPR system? It’s been an awesome and effective tool in the City I work, Lighthouse Point. The citizens love it too. We’ve recovered hundreds of stolen vehicles, carjacking subjects, stopped burglars from entering and exiting the city, solved felon crimes, etc... I was looking to apply there, but if that’s the case I’ll steer clear. It appears people are not happy there. Is that true? How’s the morale? What local agencies are recommended to look into as a lateral? I have 7 yrs on and need to relocate because my wife got a new job near Brickell. Have always heard good things about the agency up until about 5 yrs ago... why is that? Seems to be a great City to live and work...
    It is a circus here. Politics. Bullshit. Horrific place to be. Chief is a policial nightmare. Lots of departments have their shit but this one has a corrupt, self serving chief. No joke. He wants to control everything and everyone. I would stay clear.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Officers use to never leave the Gables. That is not the case anyone. I'm stuck but you have options. Good luck brother.