Ford Police Interceptor Utility is the fastest police pursuit vehicle - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    NHTSA gives the Tahoe a 4 star overall safety rating in crashes and the Explorer a 5 star rating. So the claim that the Tahoe is safer than the Explorer is false.

Big block engines haven't been used in light duty trucks since the 70s. The Tahoe uses a small block GM engine and the Explorer a twin turbo V-6, almost the same size and weight.

As far as what makes a good pursuit vehicle, it's acceleration and handling not top speed, except if you are FHP and engage in long chases on the interstate. Explorer wins again with better acceleration and handling.

The only drawback the Explorer might have is cost. The Tahoe is probably cheaper because GM is well known for using the shoddy parts which do not last. On the other hand the Explorer gets better MPG so the cost issue is most likely a wash in the long run.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    NHTSA gives the Tahoe a 4 star overall safety rating in crashes and the Explorer a 5 star rating. So the claim that the Tahoe is safer than the Explorer is false.

Big block engines haven't been used in light duty trucks since the 70s. The Tahoe uses a small block GM engine and the Explorer a twin turbo V-6, almost the same size and weight.

As far as what makes a good pursuit vehicle, it's acceleration and handling not top speed, except if you are FHP and engage in long chases on the interstate. Explorer wins again with better acceleration and handling.

The only drawback the Explorer might have is cost. The Tahoe is probably cheaper because GM is well known for using the shoddy parts which do not last. On the other hand the Explorer gets better MPG so the cost issue is most likely a wash in the long run.
    That’s all fabulous. And I agreed I was wrong on the big block engine part. Otherwise you clearly love Ford. Why don’t you sell the Sheriff on your great idea to steer away from GM for Ford? Sounds like a wonderful idea. Until then I’ll enjoy my roomy slow Tahoe.

P.S.

You are a f$#k tard. Have a nice day.

Unregistered
    That’s all fabulous. And I agreed I was wrong on the big block engine part. Otherwise you clearly love Ford. Why don’t you sell the Sheriff on your great idea to steer away from GM for Ford? Sounds like a wonderful idea. Until then I’ll enjoy my roomy slow Tahoe.

P.S.

You are a f$#k tard. Have a nice day.
    No, I posted facts supporting the Explorer, facts which can be easily checked. But you are too retarded to comprehend them and drive a GM truck. Every source says Ford quality is better overall than GM. Also easy to check.

Bob picked the Tahoe because it was the cheapest option available and it suits his chase policy. That's the bottom line.

Unregistered
    Yeah just last week I was in a two hour pursuit where I hit 140 driving through the rural areas of pinellas county. Face it blue oval boy, ford had a great run with crown vic's but it's all over.

Unregistered
    Yeah just last week I was in a two hour pursuit where I hit 140 driving through the rural areas of pinellas county. Face it blue oval boy, ford had a great run with crown vic's but it's all over.
    The Chevy Impala lesson was not learned because Bob decided to go with another shoddy GM product.

"USA Today reported its status as the most popular police car in 2014 -- and police website APBWeb reported the same thing last year. In fact, says APBWeb, Ford owns an impressive 61 percent of the police-vehicle market share when you combine the Explorer and the Taurus -- an impressive number, especially considering the naysayers who insisted Ford would lose out on the police market with the cancellation of the Crown Victoria."

Unregistered
    What’s a pursuit?

Unregistered
    You guys are such dorks who will complain about anything. I have been here for over 20 years and the Tahoe is by far the best vehicle I have driven. Cant you ever just be satisfied?

Unregistered
    Biggest problem I see with the whole fleet is they dont come equipped with blinkers.

Unregistered
    You guys are such dorks who will complain about anything. I have been here for over 20 years and the Tahoe is by far the best vehicle I have driven. Cant you ever just be satisfied?
    The Tahoe is a great grocery getter and nice and comfortable for fat azzes but it couldn't catch a Honda Civic in the city. The old Crown Vic was a better pursuit vehicle.

Unregistered
    Bob would be a damn fool to purchase these. You little boys would treat it like a boy toy! Way to powerful for you! Hell,count the number of cruisers that have been wrecked. GROW UP!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast