Ford Police Interceptor Utility is the fastest police pursuit vehicle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Ford Police Interceptor Utility is the fastest police pursuit vehicle

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/the-fas...-fords-new-suv

Wish we would get a few dozen of these high performance beauties. They would put some fear in the car thieves and be a lot of fun to drive.

Unregistered
    Whoever you are there's no way you're an leo. Fear in car thieves, haaaaa that's a great one.

Unregistered
    You are right, what was I thinking? Car thieves could care less about themselves or anyone else. At least with this new fast pursuit vehicle we'd have a better chance of catching these punks and taking them off the streets for a while.

Unregistered
    If they bought a few dozen, they would be given to FTO's.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are right, what was I thinking? Car thieves could care less about themselves or anyone else. At least with this new fast pursuit vehicle we'd have a better chance of catching these punks and taking them off the streets for a while.
    Tahoes aren’t slow. Speed isn’t the issue. But compare the safety of a Tahoe on a full frame and big block V8 to a front wheel or AWD V6 in a unibody frame. The Tahoe is superior all day long. The only reason the Interceptor is “fast” is because of it’s light weight. Whether it’s their car or SUV it’s a V6. Ford has lost the police car game. Chevy owns it. Ford even pushes those models for “budget conscious” agencies. If you’re not happy with a Tahoe you’re ignorant. And I haven’t heard anything good come from the sergeants who have to drive those Ford Explorers, and that is what the “Interceptor” is built from. There are agencies that drive those, Feel free to lateral on over and enjoy yourself. By the way, the Tahoe we drive is a police model Tahoe, it’s specifically designed for what we do. I don’t know how much faster you think you need to go. FHP is pushing out Dodge Challengers. They’re fast too. But I’d rather climb up and in versus drop down eye to eye with other vehicle’s bumpers. Faster is not always better. Car thieves drive like dumbasses in a stolen Toyota Camry and Honda Accord that do over 130. That is not worth your life. The Eagle can do 180 miles per hour if it had to. Hard to outdrive a helicopter.

Unregistered
    The Ford has 400 hp vs 355 compared to the Tahoe. The Ford is also lighter and has better handling. It was faster than any police interceptor around the track including the much vaunted Charger and Taurus. Maneuverability and horsepower are what make a good police interceptor.

Unregistered
    The Ford has 400 hp vs 355 compared to the Tahoe. The Ford is also lighter and has better handling. It was faster than any police interceptor around the track including the much vaunted Charger and Taurus. Maneuverability and horsepower are what make a good police interceptor.
    Survivability in a crash, cover from a big block engine and one of the strongest frames is what make a good police car. The difference in speed or acceleration is minimal, Ill take your word that the Ford is faster. What happens when you get rear ended matters. What happens when get t-boned matters. What happens when you get into a head on by a drunk matters. Look up collisions and what happens when a lower profile car hits a higher profile vehicle. The lower profile tends to go under the higher. Under riding kills a lot of people. I’m sure the Explorer Interceptor is better than the Taurus Interceptor. But guess which one wins. Look at what happens in crashes between full frame vehicles and unibody or aluminum frame vehicles. How do you think Ford is making higher power F150’s with V6 engines. They cut weight by losing the full steel frame. I’m sure it moves fast. But at what loss. If you think speed is what makes a police car great you’re an idiot. You need some Under 100 training. If you knew you were going to be involved in a high speed crash or roll over and you could pick any mass produced cruiser what would it be? If you have ever seen the damage that a Tahoe can sustain and stay intact you’d pick a Tahoe every time. #ChevyRulesPoliceCars

Unregistered
    Who would want a car platform explorer that crumples in a crash over a Tahoe. Top speed has nothing to do with making a great cruiser. Simply put Tahoes are the best out there right now. I do need to correct the above poster though, the motors are small block LS 5.3's. They are not big block's.

Unregistered
    Who would want a car platform explorer that crumples in a crash over a Tahoe. Top speed has nothing to do with making a great cruiser. Simply put Tahoes are the best out there right now. I do need to correct the above poster though, the motors are small block LS 5.3's. They are not big block's.
    Wow. My bad. The difference between small and large block is interesting. I’ll edit it to a small block V8. Still larger than a V6 for cover since the engine is the thing likely to stop most bullets. Unless they a .50 caliber BMG in which case you need to shrink in size and fall into a hole in the ground. 🙂

Unregistered
    The fact that anyone here is arguing over this baffles me. You can't chase cars. He may as well buy us all Prius's and let you plug them in at home. This sheriff cutt off your balls when it comes to chasing anything because of am incident twenty-plus years ago. Any discussion of "chasing car thieves" is asinine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast