pov lights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pov lights

Unregistered

pov lights

any one else told we can have blue lights in our povs. even after explaining- 843.081 Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty.—
    (1) The Legislature finds and declares that Florida’s citizens are vulnerable to becoming the victims of criminal acts through the illegal use of blue lights by the criminal elements. It is the intent of the Legislature to reduce this vulnerability to injury and loss of life and property by prohibiting the use of certain blue lights by any person other than an authorized law enforcement officer.
    (2) It is unlawful for a person to use in or on any nongovernmentally owned vehicle or vessel any flashing or rotating blue light unless such person is a law enforcement officer employed by a federal, state, county, or city law enforcement agency or is a person appointed by the Governor pursuant to chapter 354.
    (3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to salespersons, service representatives, or other employees of businesses licensed to sell or repair law enforcement equipment.
    (4) For the purposes of this section, the term “flashing or rotating blue light” includes all forms of lights which display a blue light source or which were designed with the intent of displaying a blue light source whether or not such light is actually in use.
    (5) Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    any one else told we can have blue lights in our povs. even after explaining- 843.081 Prohibited use of certain lights; penalty.—
    (1) The Legislature finds and declares that Florida’s citizens are vulnerable to becoming the victims of criminal acts through the illegal use of blue lights by the criminal elements. It is the intent of the Legislature to reduce this vulnerability to injury and loss of life and property by prohibiting the use of certain blue lights by any person other than an authorized law enforcement officer.
    (2) It is unlawful for a person to use in or on any nongovernmentally owned vehicle or vessel any flashing or rotating blue light unless such person is a law enforcement officer employed by a federal, state, county, or city law enforcement agency or is a person appointed by the Governor pursuant to chapter 354.
    (3) The provisions of this section shall not apply to salespersons, service representatives, or other employees of businesses licensed to sell or repair law enforcement equipment.
    (4) For the purposes of this section, the term “flashing or rotating blue light” includes all forms of lights which display a blue light source or which were designed with the intent of displaying a blue light source whether or not such light is actually in use.
    (5) Any person who violates any of the provisions of this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Why? Why would any semi intelligent person want to do such a thing? I suspect the moron that told you is also dumb enough to put it in writing? Please post it for all to see.

Unregistered
    There is no way anyone in ABT management would ever tell you that! We don’t want people doing any type of police work in fact we are probably one step away from no longer putting lights in our take homes so there’s no way someone here told you that.

Unregistered
    this has been posted on multiple forums such as highway patrol

don’t take the troll bait as this isn’t an ABT

Unregistered
    There is no way anyone in ABT management would ever tell you that! We don’t want people doing any type of police work in fact we are probably one step away from no longer putting lights in our take homes so there’s no way someone here told you that.
    Enjoy the take home while you can. I see pool cars in our future. And no, there is no language in the contract that requires one.

Unregistered
    Enjoy the take home while you can. I see pool cars in our future. And no, there is no language in the contract that requires one.
    Ahhhh... the threat that keeps on giving!

Unregistered
    Ahhhh... the threat that keeps on giving!
    Yep. Entitled much? If it came from someone with the power to make it happen, then it would be a threat.

Unregistered
    That’s possible for you office with one county or a small area. Some offices Ike mine cover multiple counties. From my office to the northern point is 2.5 hours and 90 minutes to the south. If you think We’re driving 40 minutes to the office to pickup a car to drive two hours in the direction we came from there would be a mass exodus.

Unregistered
    That’s possible for you office with one county or a small area. Some offices Ike mine cover multiple counties. From my office to the northern point is 2.5 hours and 90 minutes to the south. If you think We’re driving 40 minutes to the office to pickup a car to drive two hours in the direction we came from there would be a mass exodus.
    Districts will change. People will have to relocate. That is the genius of the plan. No one gets fired. They just move on.

Unregistered
    So what will change Fort Myers is know for mass exodus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast