Homestead PD Process - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Monaco is no puppet. He comes to work and does his job. Nothing more nothing less. He has had a successful career at HPD. Don’t listen to the crybaby losers who struggled in their career here. Why did they struggle you ask? They were lazy, tried to abuse their positions, didn’t get their way, became entrenched in the gossip and politics, etc. because they couldn’t find their way to enjoy and prosper during their career they became bitter and angry at their inabilities. So this is why you see some negative BS posted here.

He is one of the ones you want assisting in the selection process

Unregistered
    Come on apply. We are busy can use some extra personnel. Don’t apply if your lazy unprofessional or corrupt. No room for that here. Take that sh$! Elsewhere

Unregistered
    Good place, great experience to be had, good pay & benefits, take home car, great training, great relationship with city government

Unregistered
    Well, I imagine the thin blue line incorporates itself in any department in strange ways. As much as the City has gone out of line - the Officers of HPD really do follow their leaders. So, despite all the negative crap above, and without me being a part of law enforcement - I don't think HPD is the worst place you could pick by any means.

Do they have problems? Yes, but most of those come from any person with a high degree of authority. Power corrupts kind of thing.

Besides, if HPD is defunct in some way - the best remedy would to to get some good officers in there.

Now the Law.. omg that trillion page tangle of interwebbed crap needs a reboot. If you had a photographic memory and read at 500 pages a minute - you wouldn't read even 1% of law by the time you died having spent your whole life reading the law..

It is to this end - I don't envy your position. Sure the lawyers and the Judges make all the decisions in the end - but it is the Officer with his sack hanging out prime for a whacking when the rubber meets the road..

Doc's Friend.

Unregistered
    Very True. 👍

Unregistered
    Hello guys and girls. I’m a full time deputy up in central Florida and trying to make my way back home to south Dade for family reasons. I’m willing to go reserve to make that happen. My question is if you start as a reserve officer is there enough off duty jobs to work and support a family until offered a full time position?

Unregistered

Yes and no

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello guys and girls. I’m a full time deputy up in central Florida and trying to make my way back home to south Dade for family reasons. I’m willing to go reserve to make that happen. My question is if you start as a reserve officer is there enough off duty jobs to work and support a family until offered a full time position?
    Yes you can make a living from off duties. But I do not recommend coming to work for Homestead due to all the corruption and nepotism. Try Miami Dade PD or Miami Beach PD or Doral all pay well with less bs than Homestead. Good luck in your looking

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes you can make a living from off duties. But I do not recommend coming to work for Homestead due to all the corruption and nepotism. Try Miami Dade PD or Miami Beach PD or Doral all pay well with less bs than Homestead. Good luck in your looking
    Thank you for the reply, I processed with Miami dade and ended up withdrawing my app. It’s a great agency but the hiring process takes around 2 years or at least it used to.

Can you tell me how long the homestead process is usually ?

And does anybody have a link the for the current contract? I searched online and couldn’t find it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12