Jeff Bell CNN quote - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually we didn't make it about a raise. Those were former embarrassed and removed Sheriff Israel's words to deflect the spotlight away from himself. I'm guessing you don't understand basic economics, we are more than 200 deputies down and can't get enough applicants to fill the vacancies. If we don't start getting a competitive salary we WON'T fill those vacancies. Which as a result will increase the citizens wait time for a response since deputies will be tied up on other calls because we don't have enough working the road. So, feel free to step up handle your own crap and stop calling us every time junior won't get up and go to school, or your neighbors are too loud, or your wife / husband beats you. We know you won't prosecute anyway and we'll be back out there next week for the same thing. Or feel free to get a GED so you understand what you're talking about. Either way works for me.
    Jeff and IUPA did an admirable job on the contract.

Unregistered
    Let’s come back to reality for a second. I like Jeff, and I realize Jeff had to scratch and claw to get 3% raises. That said, we are still 20,000 behind every major leading PD in the area beginning salary.

Why is this important you may ask? It’s important because the best recruits won’t be coming to this department. The County Commission and every Sheriff who keeps jumping in bed with them, which is pretty much all of them, are not committed to fixing this problem. They don’t care, but they should. Over time this will begin to reflect in the quality of police services the county receives.

To borrow a recent quote, you can give them a badge, you can train them, but if they aren’t up to it they may not get the job done anyway. Regardless, it’s not like the training here has been or currently is up to speed to begin with.

Unregistered
    Let’s come back to reality for a second. I like Jeff, and I realize Jeff had to scratch and claw to get 3% raises. That said, we are still 20,000 behind every major leading PD in the area beginning salary.

Why is this important you may ask? It’s important because the best recruits won’t be coming to this department. The County Commission and every Sheriff who keeps jumping in bed with them, which is pretty much all of them, are not committed to fixing this problem. They don’t care, but they should. Over time this will begin to reflect in the quality of police services the county receives.

To borrow a recent quote, you can give them a badge, you can train them, but if they aren’t up to it they may not get the job done anyway. Regardless, it’s not like the training here has been or currently is up to speed to begin with.
    Why would the sheriff and his upper command care about our pay? They're getting high six figures for doing nothing.

Unregistered

Ahhhhhhh

Why would the sheriff and his upper command care about our pay? They're getting high six figures for doing nothing.
    Good point, point well taken, they wouldn’t care now would they? So then is it any surprise why many of the deputies have an i don’t care either attitude? So can we at least agree we have a leadership issue?

Unregistered
    No he didn't he should have fought for more. Were still the lowest paid. Very bad job so let's not celebrate

Unregistered
    No he didn't he should have fought for more. Were still the lowest paid. Very bad job so let's not celebrate
    Dont hide under a rock again

Unregistered
    Temporary will now flaunt this as a huge victory and will say that in 6 months, he did what Israel couldn't in years. Aside from the meager increase, watching him walk around in a purple pimp suit saying things are great here will make me puke. I'd just assume sucked it up until after he lost the election.

Unregistered
    Temporary will now flaunt this as a huge victory and will say that in 6 months, he did what Israel couldn't in years. Aside from the meager increase, watching him walk around in a purple pimp suit saying things are great here will make me puke. I'd just assume sucked it up until after he lost the election.
    Very far from a victory but more like an embarrassment. We should have gotten so much more. We are underpaid Dont you get it?

Unregistered
    Very far from a victory but more like an embarrassment. We should have gotten so much more. We are underpaid Dont you get it?
    BSO fell for the oldest trick in the book suckers

Unregistered
    How are we underpaid? We are now number 1 in the county. Stop being one of the 19

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast