Load bearing vest - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Any agency that states they provide their staff with the latest up to date technology and gear and claim they "care about officer safety", but do not issue body armor to protect their staff against long guns and higher calibers is lying. If they care, this debate would not be happening. Plain and simple. We see some of these weapons being used against the public almost everyday on the news. Next argument..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any agency that states they provide their staff with the latest up to date technology and gear and claim they "care about officer safety", but do not issue body armor to protect their staff against long guns and higher calibers is lying. If they care, this debate would not be happening. Plain and simple. We see some of these weapons being used against the public almost everyday on the news. Next argument..
    I heard Adams Arms management is going into the body armor business. DS should tell Bob to switch to AA body armor. It should work as well as their rifles.

Unregistered
    Literally no one is going to wear rifle rated plates 12 hrs a day in patrol. Ita sounds great, but 25 lbs later you begin to ponder the benefits.

An outer carrier for soft armor that will carry some of your equipment makes sense though. The obes we bought looked like trash because we didnt buy the shirts to go with them. Seminole County bought the same ones but issued the shirts to wear under them and they actually look pretty sharp. They don't carry equipment though, which to me defeats the purpose.

As far as "sticking your fingers in the arm holes like a farmer"....I see plenty of deputies doing stupid crap on the road. Not the least of which is hands in pockets which looks equally sloppy. If you think the current generation on the road even considers that stuff youre kidding yourself, unless they were military they are generally not cognizant of their appearance to that degree because the FTOs dont instill it. An external vest isnt going to make that better or worse.

Unregistered
    Literally no one is going to wear rifle rated plates 12 hrs a day in patrol. Ita sounds great, but 25 lbs later you begin to ponder the benefits.

An outer carrier for soft armor that will carry some of your equipment makes sense though. The obes we bought looked like trash because we didnt buy the shirts to go with them. Seminole County bought the same ones but issued the shirts to wear under them and they actually look pretty sharp. They don't carry equipment though, which to me defeats the purpose.

As far as "sticking your fingers in the arm holes like a farmer"....I see plenty of deputies doing stupid crap on the road. Not the least of which is hands in pockets which looks equally sloppy. If you think the current generation on the road even considers that stuff youre kidding yourself, unless they were military they are generally not cognizant of their appearance to that degree because the FTOs dont instill it. An external vest isnt going to make that better or worse.
    Good points. I wore mine in the army for a year while overseas. Weighed a lot more too. You get use to it. But you are correct. Some may have a issue with it. But like the other post stated, it would be nice to have it in the trunk of my vehicle so we can have the adequate gear for those SHTF incidents. Also load bearing vest to help save the back would be great. I hate hate how the duty belt starts to feel on my waist, hip, and lower back after a few hours into shift. I don't even wear everything they expect me to wear because of the problems.

Unregistered
    Shut up about your stupid load bearing vests!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Level 3 should be available but not worn unless a specific situation develops. Too heavy considering all the other stuff we have to carry.

Unregistered
    Shut up about your stupid load bearing vests!!!!!!
    What do you care? If you do t want it you won’t have to wear it. Back off on the steroids SWAT kitten.

Unregistered
    What do you care? If you do t want it you won’t have to wear it. Back off on the steroids SWAT kitten.
    Baaahahahaha!!!! That shiz was funny! "SWAT KITTEN". 🙌🤣

Unregistered
    Load bearing vests would seem too aggressive and intimidating to the snowflakes, LGBTQ, minorities and millennials. The next thing you know they will ban black gloves because they too are intimidating.

Unregistered
    https://mycbs4.com/news/local/putnam...s-for-officers

Putnam Co. Sheriff's Office brings new, safer uniforms for officers

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast