Load bearing vest - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why do you continue to deliberately ignore and disregard important information and facts? You keep assuming everyone who is in favor of load bearing vest needs to go to the gym, overweight, is weak, etc.
    You are literally the definition of an ignorant person. I believe your parents had something else in mind when they were telling you you could do whatever you want.
    This whole sad post is a prime example of why millennials have such a poor reputation. This is a paramilitary organization, not a college campus. You have asked for a load bearing vest via this thread, and the brass has considered it (trust me, they do read this). The deafening silence is your answer......it is NO. You have done a good job presenting your case with arguments and statistics, but the answer is still no. To continue to whine and call others names because they disagree with you and told you no is pathetic. If you don't like it, leave and apply to an agency that issues them. The agency is not going to change just to please you, right or wrong. Accept the answer like a mature adult and move on. Maybe it will change in time, but whining on this forum will only hurt, not help you.

Unregistered
    This whole sad post is a prime example of why millennials have such a poor reputation. This is a paramilitary organization, not a college campus. You have asked for a load bearing vest via this thread, and the brass has considered it (trust me, they do read this). The deafening silence is your answer......it is NO. You have done a good job presenting your case with arguments and statistics, but the answer is still no. To continue to whine and call others names because they disagree with you and told you no is pathetic. If you don't like it, leave and apply to an agency that issues them. The agency is not going to change just to please you, right or wrong. Accept the answer like a mature adult and move on. Maybe it will change in time, but whining on this forum will only hurt, not help you.
    This whole sad post is a prime example of why millennials have such a poor reputation.
    ---It is intended to be a discussion and perhaps make improvements. Any other business is open to employee suggestions. Does not mean it will happen but it acts like they listen and care. By the way, not a millennial.

This is a paramilitary organization, not a college campus.
    --- agreed but you can't say "paramilitary orginazation" because it scares people like a LBV intended to evenly distribute weight and prevent injury. Nobody will want to approach us as a "paramilitary orginazation".

You have asked for a load bearing vest via this thread, and the brass has considered it (trust me, they do read this).
    ---glad they took it into consideration. That is all most of us ask for.

The deafening silence is your answer......it is NO.
    ---then announce it.. were adults. They don't have to be silent about it.

You have done a good job presenting your case with arguments and statistics, but the answer is still no.
    ---thanks, science and research can help with that. Again that is the point of a open and mature discussion. It can help make improvements within a field, category, agency, etc.

To continue to whine and call others names because they disagree with you and told you no is pathetic.
    ---agreed as far as "call others names because they disagree with you" no matter the view. Why is this statement directed towards the ones who are in favor of LBVs? Also, your very first sentence is directed to the entire group of "millennials" in a negative way. Again, not a millennial. Over 40yo but know younger generations will be hired just as I was. It's life. The ones calling people who are in favor of LBVs names like puzzys, fat, pansy, overweight, etc. is BS.

If you don't like it, leave and apply to an agency that issues them.
    ---again, if this site was used properly and had mature discussions without name calling, there could be so many improvements in the law enforcement field.

The agency is not going to change just to please you, right or wrong. Accept the answer like a mature adult and move on.
    ---most of us understand that and never expected it too. But change does occur. Almost daily.

Maybe it will change in time, but whining on this forum will only hurt, not help you
    ----10-4

Unregistered
    What is the argument against the vests? Im indifferent honestly but ive only seen a reasoned argument on here that is in favor. The opposed individuals seem to just be happy with insulting those in favor, and at best try to make the case that the load bearing vest is "scary".

Unregistered
    What is the argument against the vests? Im indifferent honestly but ive only seen a reasoned argument on here that is in favor. The opposed individuals seem to just be happy with insulting those in favor, and at best try to make the case that the load bearing vest is "scary".
    The problem is that the request for equipment improvement came from the bottom not the top. The brass and the sheriff do not like that since it was not their idea. They want to show they are in charge not the deputies.

Every new piece of improved gear was always staunchly opposed from the start but various administrations. Good examples are the polyester pants and the old .38 revolvers. There was even a short film presented which showed polyester pants burn like crazy but the administration still opposed the change to safer and more comfortable pants. Then there was opposition to replacing the .38 revolvers with semi-auto pistols. Several times the administration stated it will never happen because we are a LEO agency not military, etc. etc. so we don't need high cap magazines which encourage "spray and pray".

It's the same scenario with the vest - it will happen when the brass and sheriff decide it is their idea.

Unregistered
    The problem is that the request for equipment improvement came from the bottom not the top. The brass and the sheriff do not like that since it was not their idea. They want to show they are in charge not the deputies.

Every new piece of improved gear was always staunchly opposed from the start but various administrations. Good examples are the polyester pants and the old .38 revolvers. There was even a short film presented which showed polyester pants burn like crazy but the administration still opposed the change to safer and more comfortable pants. Then there was opposition to replacing the .38 revolvers with semi-auto pistols. Several times the administration stated it will never happen because we are a LEO agency not military, etc. etc. so we don't need high cap magazines which encourage "spray and pray".

It's the same scenario with the vest - it will happen when the brass and sheriff decide it is their idea.
    STFU and quit if you don’t like it.

Unregistered

Wow this guy is such a whining puzzy. Plenty of people here have worked here for many years and have no back issues. Start doing core strengthening exercises and after doing those for a few weeks start weight lifting and try to strengthen your little girly man back.

Unregistered
    STFU and quit if you don’t like it.
    Exactly! Quit and go get hired at some podunk dept who wears load bearing vests so you can look like an unprofessional tool bag. Then you can take your Facebook selfies because you think it makes you look like a tough guy.

Unregistered
    Exactly! Quit and go get hired at some podunk dept who wears load bearing vests so you can look like an unprofessional tool bag. Then you can take your Facebook selfies because you think it makes you look like a tough guy.
    I did my time in the sandbox so I have nothing else to prove to you old geezers who jack off on your belts, revolvers and 70s style disco poly pants, wishing they'd be brought back.

Unregistered
    I did my time in the sandbox so I have nothing else to prove to you old geezers who jack off on your belts, revolvers and 70s style disco poly pants, wishing they'd be brought back.
    Agreed. These trolls obviously don't understand or care.. I have stopped listening to people who think facts towards making improvements don't matter. If they continue to stay stuck in time and not take advantage of research and improved technology, they won't be around long.

Unregistered
    Blah blah blah. I find that people who use the term “sand box” are usually full of crap.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast