Load bearing vest - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey jock strap you sound like our corrupt "stable genius". All it takes is a Google search of the first sentence in the article that is in the quotations. I found it without difficultly. Not fake news or a conspiracy. If you think a article published in Police One is fake news then you're not in law enforcement. If you are, then you need to go into another profession. It is research (investigation skills) and scientific results (proof) published in several different reliable sources. You should look into those terms as they are related to police work. But you probably don't know that.

You're ignorant to think people who express their concern about not wanting to have back issues in life is over weight. There are several different issues that cause back problems. Guess what, we all need our backs till death.
    Go be a secretary and service your boss. Real cops don’t whine like this!!! Oh my hips hurt. STFU girlfriend.

Unregistered
    Go be a secretary and service your boss. Real cops don’t whine like this!!! Oh my hips hurt. STFU girlfriend.
    You are one of Bob's office f**kboys who never worked the streets and had to carry all that gear and suffer the associated back pain and daily discomfort.

Unregistered
    Wow. So intelligent and sheepish.

So lets go back to late 1800s-early 1900s. No radio, no dispatch, bring back the telegraph since cell phones didn't exist, no body armor, the quickest form of transportation was horseback (maybe ride the horse on trails and unpaved roads if your lucky), ride the horse without a saddle because that was a form of equipment advancement, maybe have a patrol wagon, no less lethal tools other than a stick, no cads, GPS, FCIC/NCIC, or other computer programs we use today, then when you gotta escape BS like you, go to the outhouse with the stench of everyone's crap and hangout with the flies. Sounds great..

Our culture is all about advancing. Some aspects of law enforcement remain stagnant. Specifically for this thread, it is parts of the uniform and body armor. It is no longer practical due to all the equipment we are given to carry. One advancement in technology for law enforcement is safeguarding life (officers and public). You can't argue the fact that load bearing vest are beneficial. The only thing the agency can say is No. Typically the excuse is because it isn't traditional or it is to militarized and scary.. the public won't want to approach you... really?? If someone needs the police, they will contact the police.

I can argue the public doesn't always want to approach police when they have a body camera and are recording them even though they want to remain anonymous and provide you information of criminal activity... but that's just me.

Unregistered
    That is funny gurlfriend! They are talking about back issues and you are complaining about your hips... Maybe you should try wearing a load bearing vest to help distribute the weight.

Unregistered
    That is funny gurlfriend! They are talking about back issues and you are complaining about your hips... Maybe you should try wearing a load bearing vest to help distribute the weight.
    Got em Haha! My agency has them and they are great! We are told what we can and can't have on them but it helps and still looks professional.

Unregistered
    Please tell us where you work so these whiny millennials with weak hips can join you.

Unregistered
    Please tell us where you work so these whiny millennials with weak hips can join you.

Amen! Please go or STFU...

Unregistered
    I just threw my load bearing vest on and stood in front of a mirror...damn I look like a badazz...I hope we can start wearing them here so I can take selfies and post them on Facebook

Unregistered
    I just threw my load bearing vest on and stood in front of a mirror...damn I look like a badazz...I hope we can start wearing them here so I can take selfies and post them on Facebook
    Go jack-off on your belt and .38 revolver while watching CHIPs and polish them you like it so much.

Unregistered
    No thanks we're good. We don't need any old timers with bad morale, people who don't care what could help their staff, people who don't believe in improvements, or a$$holes from your agency. Like it or not, there are always going to be younger people working at the agency. You're getting old, cranky, and out dated (like some parts of the uniform).

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast