Future is bright or dim? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    What’s up in for Fort Myers? I hear half the civilian staff quit and LT SF is going back to the city?

Unregistered
    About to get brighter. Both chiefs were asked to leave. Great day for ABT. Franco’s legacy of long term investigations and ops plans are gone! Barry’s worst idea ever the arrest tracking log will also be gone. I can’t wait.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    About to get brighter. Both chiefs were asked to leave. Great day for ABT. Franco’s legacy of long term investigations and ops plans are gone! Barry’s worst idea ever the arrest tracking log will also be gone. I can’t wait.
    I think you may be premature in your prediction. History has taught us that different isn't necessarily better.

Unregistered
    Dim. Very dim.

Unregistered
    I agree. What you want from this job may not be what the job can deliver. If you are an "Operator" you won't like it here. If you are tired of drunken brawls, barking dogs, shoplifters and domestics, this is the job for you. Every job has good and bad and for most, there is a lot of good here. You stay long enough and you will step in a pile of crap. Scrape it off on the captain's bumper and press on. I talk to people everyday that make this job worth doing. High risk retirement, very flexible hours, most nights and weekends off. Holidays with the family, free car, free college, no shifts and best of all a very limited area of responsibility. The biggest drawback is carpet bagging retired yankees fleeing high tax states for Florida and rejoining the workforce armed with the misconception that they have something worth contributing and that we need it. Other than that it's all good.
    This post is 1.5 years old. Still true. Metrics are solid science.

Unregistered
    I agree. What you want from this job may not be what the job can deliver. If you are an "Operator" you won't like it here. If you are tired of drunken brawls, barking dogs, shoplifters and domestics, this is the job for you. Every job has good and bad and for most, there is a lot of good here. You stay long enough and you will step in a pile of crap. Scrape it off on the captain's bumper and press on. I talk to people everyday that make this job worth doing. High risk retirement, very flexible hours, most nights and weekends off. Holidays with the family, free car, free college, no shifts and best of all a very limited area of responsibility. The biggest drawback is carpet bagging retired yankees fleeing high tax states for Florida and rejoining the workforce armed with the misconception that they have something worth contributing and that we need it. Other than that it's all good.
    Well said and extremely accurate. You must be a senior agent.

Unregistered
    I am a realist. This is a good job but not everyone appreciates it. It's easy to see what you don't have but it is hard to accept what you don't.

Me? I have had good and great times here. There have been a few bad days too. Much like a marriage, wouldn't you say?

Unregistered
    Getting rid of a captain wil make us better for it. Now the other captains will come into line and conform. The captain in question was resistant to the new ways and not supportive of the new mission.

Unregistered
    Corkie, 90% of your agency problems are directly due to your “Senior Agents” and all of your workers are about to get purged.

Unregistered
    Corkie, 90% of your agency problems are directly due to your “Senior Agents” and all of your workers are about to get purged.
    Yeah but all of those senior turds are going to be outed because they'll have no one to hide behind. Their game will be exposed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast