Future is bright or dim?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Future is bright or dim?

Everyone is saying huge changes are coming, any insights on this?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Everyone is saying huge changes are coming, any insights on this?
    Depends on your perspective. The Director has a licensing background and is into metrics and quantification. His boss is PolPot. To me - that means less police work and increased form over substance. I see structural, long lasting change coming down the pipeline. Unfortunately, the changes will be an increase in spreadsheets and metrics. We’ll be more amazon fulfillment than alcohol enforcement.

Unregistered
    I agree. What you want from this job may not be what the job can deliver. If you are an "Operator" you won't like it here. If you are tired of drunken brawls, barking dogs, shoplifters and domestics, this is the job for you. Every job has good and bad and for most, there is a lot of good here. You stay long enough and you will step in a pile of crap. Scrape it off on the captain's bumper and press on. I talk to people everyday that make this job worth doing. High risk retirement, very flexible hours, most nights and weekends off. Holidays with the family, free car, free college, no shifts and best of all a very limited area of responsibility. The biggest drawback is carpet bagging retired yankees fleeing high tax states for Florida and rejoining the workforce armed with the misconception that they have something worth contributing and that we need it. Other than that it's all good.

Unregistered
    I heard reductions of sworn staff and office closures/condensing

Unregistered
    I heard reductions of sworn staff and office closures/condensing
    With our hyper-focused theatre of operations coupled with extremely efficient administrative oversight by DBPR, we really don't need as many people. The efficiencies gained with this administration have created a synergy that can't be duplicated by lesser agencies. Don't believe? Take another look at the spreadsheets. Closing offices? Never a bad idea. I don't see any reason to even have an office.

Unregistered
    Depends on your perspective. The Director has a licensing background and is into metrics and quantification. His boss is PolPot. To me - that means less police work and increased form over substance. I see structural, long lasting change coming down the pipeline. Unfortunately, the changes will be an increase in spreadsheets and metrics. We’ll be more amazon fulfillment than alcohol enforcement.
    PolPot. The reference isn't lost on me. That is funny stuff. Unless you are Cambodian.

Unregistered
    It really depends on what you want from this agency. It's simple, if you came here thinking you were going to be "the real police", then it is dim. If you like working beverage law, doing a lot of surveys, and some underage work, then the future is bright. We are a regulatory agency with some law enforcement power. PERIOD. Learn it, live it, and love it!

Unregistered
    The future is dim for TB and FF. They will be gone within 2 weeks. Both were told that the agency is going in different direction and they’re services will no longer be needed.

Unregistered
    The future is dim for TB and FF. They will be gone within 2 weeks. Both were told that the agency is going in different direction and they’re services will no longer be needed.
    That may or may not be true but I wish only the best for them if they stay or go. One of the constant issues at this agency is the lack of continuity of operations. We need a COOP for leadership because we are always reinventing the wheel or reviving some previously failed attempt to appease the masses or become relevant to some unknown entity. It would be beneficial to have a director and chief that could say they had been here 5-10 years. The Chiefs are good people and deserve our support.

Unregistered
    That may or may not be true but I wish only the best for them if they stay or go. One of the constant issues at this agency is the lack of continuity of operations. We need a COOP for leadership because we are always reinventing the wheel or reviving some previously failed attempt to appease the masses or become relevant to some unknown entity. It would be beneficial to have a director and chief that could say they had been here 5-10 years. The Chiefs are good people and deserve our support.
    FF nice guy and I genuinely like him, but he doesn't belong here anymore with the tides changing. TB is just in way over his head and has too much of an ego to have that many people above him calling the shots. He wants to be a Chief... best wishes for him to do it elsewhere. Experiment over. The yay rah rah kumbaya bullsh** is done. It doesn't work here. Never will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast