Union rep

Thread: Union rep

Unregistered

Union rep

Is it normal for one of our Union reps to be more worried about looking good to the brass then doing what's best for us?

Unregistered
    Mitchell has always done that.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mitchell has always done that.
    Not Mitchell. A sgt in the jail.

Unregistered
    Not Mitchell. A sgt in the jail.

Unregistered
    My brother in law works for NYPD. They have a real union up there which represents the police officers. The union backs you up 100% so you don't lose your job when the management tries to jack you up. Also the state laws are union friendly. It is a more balanced system than in states with weak or non-existent police unions.

The situation is Florida is very different so there is no way to have good union representation. Plus many times the union lawyers down here are in bed with the sheriff or chief or city government. So don't expect much from unions down here. I am not pointing fingers just stating the facts in general as they are.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My brother in law works for NYPD. They have a real union up there which represents the police officers. The union backs you up 100% so you don't lose your job when the management tries to jack you up. Also the state laws are union friendly. It is a more balanced system than in states with weak or non-existent police unions.

The situation is Florida is very different so there is no way to have good union representation. Plus many times the union lawyers down here are in bed with the sheriff or chief or city government. So don't expect much from unions down here. I am not pointing fingers just stating the facts in general as they are.
    And it all happens generally due to the weakness of law enforcement personnel.