First Meeting To Vote Out PBA Set For Wednesday July 3 - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    The thing is to help spread the message on messenger, private emails, texts, or phone calls.
    This perpetual state of blunders has got to stop and the clowns at the PBA don’t know how to stop their incompetence nor want to as evidenced by their smug responses here and other areas of concern.

Unregistered
    This is fake news, no flyers or emails have been distributed.. no other information is provided 🙄

Unregistered
    There is nothing fake about members wanting a new union or at the very least a new President. So, The thing is to help spread the message on messenger, private emails, texts, or phone calls.
    This perpetual state of blunders has got to stop and the clowns at the PBA don’t know how to stop their incompetence nor want to as evidenced by their smug responses here and other areas of concern.

Unregistered
    I also explore the managers of PLEA to take the necessary steps to become the bargaining agent for the officers of the Miami-Dade Police Department. I know that you will do a better job than the PBA.

I am of the position that we need to get rid of the PBA. Right now we only have an option of two organizations that can defend us. One is the PBA and I will not get started on why we should get rid of them. The second is PLEA and I can go on and on of the good work that they do for their members. There is now a third option which is IUPA. I hear very good things about IUPA and BSO is very happy with IUPA after getting rid of the PBA. As a member of PLEA I got an email that stated that they are now a part of IUPA and now we can get the best of both worlds.

When is the vote for the PBA to be our bargaining unit coming up? When it is, then we should organize and get the PBA out. I also agree with the other post that stated that we should resign from the PBA. Since PLEA is out there it is an easy choice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I also explore the managers of PLEA to take the necessary steps to become the bargaining agent for the officers of the Miami-Dade Police Department. I know that you will do a better job than the PBA.

I am of the position that we need to get rid of the PBA. Right now we only have an option of two organizations that can defend us. One is the PBA and I will not get started on why we should get rid of them. The second is PLEA and I can go on and on of the good work that they do for their members. There is now a third option which is IUPA. I hear very good things about IUPA and BSO is very happy with IUPA after getting rid of the PBA. As a member of PLEA I got an email that stated that they are now a part of IUPA and now we can get the best of both worlds.

When is the vote for the PBA to be our bargaining unit coming up? When it is, then we should organize and get the PBA out. I also agree with the other post that stated that we should resign from the PBA. Since PLEA is out there it is an easy choice.
    There is no time to vote for the bargaining unit. It stays unless the membership, like what is happening now, comes together and votes it out. We need to spread the message to all mdpd rank and file. Use social media, text or other means to let everyone who is not up to speed know what is happening. Unless all are united this will fail and leoaffairs is not enough to let everyone know.

Unregistered
    Agreed. I’ll do my part.

Unregistered
    If you are so intent on removing the PBA heads I applaud you. What I totally disagree with is you coming here to LEO where cowards hide and talking about a fictional meet at some park without give us your name or a full agenda. Who in their right mind will show up to this dog and pony show? Give us facts and we will respond. Other than that, keep dreaming.

Unregistered
    All MDPD Officers whom are members of the PBA are invited to a meeting where we will discuss the procedures of voting them out as our bargaining unit as well as what police union should be their replacement...The meeting will take place Wednesday July 3 at 1800 by the front entrance to the Dade County Police Memorial located at Tropical Park. Please only come if you are off duty as we do not want to give any excuses to this command staff.

Be safe and take care of your fellow officers because the Dade County PBA won’t
    In Spanish, we commonly refer to this type of call to arms as a “paja mentál”. That translates to a “well thought out process” ... hmmm.

Unregistered
    If you are so intent on removing the PBA heads I applaud you. What I totally disagree with is you coming here to LEO where cowards hide and talking about a fictional meet at some park without give us your name or a full agenda. Who in their right mind will show up to this dog and pony show? Give us facts and we will respond. Other than that, keep dreaming.
    Stahl your time is up you can attempt to downplay and ridicule this movement that is coming against the PBA all you want. When your lazy butt is working midnights in Kendall district we will see how untouchable you feel.

Unregistered
    There is nothing fictional about this meeting!! We need to come together as MDPD officers and have a discussion of how to start the process to remove the worthless PBA as our bargaining unit. The reason the police memorial was picked is because not only is Tropical Park somewhat central to everyone, but because maybe seeing those granite pillars with the names of our fallen edged into them will remind everyone that we need a union who will fully support our officers so that non have to second guess something that could cost them their lives out of fear of being hung out to dry by the department and union.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast