John Trevena ESQUIRE Arrested?

Unregistered

John Trevena ESQUIRE Arrested?

Guess he's another lawyer placed above the law in Penisellas County. Where's his court records? How's his special stuporvision by the sheriff going? Does the b.s. ever end?

Unregistered
    Old story. Charges were dropped. Must have overlooked that part.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinell...vena-20190424/

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Old story. Charges were dropped. Must have overlooked that part.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinell...vena-20190424/
    AND... the woman that filed those charges has since been arrested for breaking into his office and stealing checks and cashing them.

Unregistered
    The State dropped the charges against Trevena. Even though the woman signed a request not to prosecute, it is always up to the state. The state takes cases they can prove. This case was an easy slam dunk. So McCabe must have stepped in, hoping Trevena will take it easy on him with that motion to dismiss the state from the Drejka case. Oh that tangled web that's only starting.

Unregistered
    The State dropped the charges against Trevena. Even though the woman signed a request not to prosecute, it is always up to the state. The state takes cases they can prove. This case was an easy slam dunk. So McCabe must have stepped in, hoping Trevena will take it easy on him with that motion to dismiss the state from the Drejka case. Oh that tangled web that's only starting.
    Can hardly wait to see Sheriff Bob Gualtieri on the stand cross examined by Trevena.

Unregistered
    Can hardly wait to see Sheriff Bob Gualtieri on the stand cross examined by Trevena.
    Haaa. Good luck. When is the last time you’ve seen a Captain or higher testify at a criminal trial? And let’s just run with your bull shit theory. Do you really think that the Sheriff would somehow fall apart on the stand? Fat chance. With your delusional line of thinking the Sheriff or Chiefs could be called to testify in any case involving any unit they oversee. It will never happen. That case will involve the victim’s wife, a detective or two, the MEO and CSI. Maybe a tech guy to introduce and discuss the video. The rest will be civilian witnesses and the defendant. And whatever experts Trevena and company can dredge up. I’m sure we will see it on Court TV.

Unregistered
    Haaa. Good luck. When is the last time you’ve seen a Captain or higher testify at a criminal trial? And let’s just run with your bull shit theory. Do you really think that the Sheriff would somehow fall apart on the stand? Fat chance. With your delusional line of thinking the Sheriff or Chiefs could be called to testify in any case involving any unit they oversee. It will never happen. That case will involve the victim’s wife, a detective or two, the MEO and CSI. Maybe a tech guy to introduce and discuss the video. The rest will be civilian witnesses and the defendant. And whatever experts Trevena and company can dredge up. I’m sure we will see it on Court TV.
    Guaranteed that he will be subpoenaed to testify. It was Sheriff Gualtieri who said the case falls under the "stand your ground" law so there is no need for an arrest. McCabe disagreed and ordered that Drejka be arrested. It might even provide enough reasonable doubt to let Drejka walk. Trevena will have a field day with it. It will not be good for Bob Gualtieri's political career. Stay tuned.

Unregistered
    Guaranteed that he will be subpoenaed to testify. It was Sheriff Gualtieri who said the case falls under the "stand your ground" law so there is no need for an arrest. McCabe disagreed and ordered that Drejka be arrested. It might even provide enough reasonable doubt to let Drejka walk. Trevena will have a field day with it. It will not be good for Bob Gualtieri's political career. Stay tuned.
    Maybe you should read the statute that covers Stand Your Ground. Not making a PC arrest has no bearing on the weight of the case. But an arrest where Stand Your Ground is claimed can be bad for the agency that makes the arrest. Again, read the statute. But I’m not sure how you think that the lack of a PC arrest somehow provides a defense. If it’s been ruled it’s not a stand your ground case then that defense has sailed away. That case will be very simple for a jury. The state will play the video. The detectives will link the defendant to the video, the gun and the bullet that killed the victim. The jury will say guilty. Game over. The defense will have to strike a deal or go the route of self defense. Florida law does not allow the use of deadly force in defense of being shoved. Because the defense tried to roll with the Stand Your Ground route they have admitted that the defendant shot the victim. The defense has very few moves left. What’s the reasonable doubt? It wasn't him? It wasn’t his gun? It wasn’t the bullet he admitted to firing? Self defense, insanity, or OJ’s dream team defense. I’ll stay tuned. I predict guilty, just a matter of what degree of murder they settle on.

Unregistered
    Maybe you should read the statute that covers Stand Your Ground. Not making a PC arrest has no bearing on the weight of the case. But an arrest where Stand Your Ground is claimed can be bad for the agency that makes the arrest. Again, read the statute. But I’m not sure how you think that the lack of a PC arrest somehow provides a defense. If it’s been ruled it’s not a stand your ground case then that defense has sailed away. That case will be very simple for a jury. The state will play the video. The detectives will link the defendant to the video, the gun and the bullet that killed the victim. The jury will say guilty. Game over. The defense will have to strike a deal or go the route of self defense. Florida law does not allow the use of deadly force in defense of being shoved. Because the defense tried to roll with the Stand Your Ground route they have admitted that the defendant shot the victim. The defense has very few moves left. What’s the reasonable doubt? It wasn't him? It wasn’t his gun? It wasn’t the bullet he admitted to firing? Self defense, insanity, or OJ’s dream team defense. I’ll stay tuned. I predict guilty, just a matter of what degree of murder they settle on.
    I agree, unarmed pushing without any punches, strikes or kicks does not justify a deadly force response. Then there is that pesky little Fl St 776.041 that will be in play because McGlockton WAS the aggressor.