New Evals - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Evals

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    emotionally balanced lieutenant

ABT is a state agency, there is no unbalanced supervision just you lazy subordinates.

Unregistered
    So Ft M is that screwed up? Let’s rank the worst to best office.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Mary 7 View Post
    This is a great agency with fantastic people. Please allow a thoughtful insight to my statement. If you are a tool, moron, slacker, gen X or worse or even a FSU graduate, there is a supervisor here that can accommodate your special needs. We have supervisors that talk about how great they are and how they direct and control their people. They are proud to show their supervisors how great they are by sending reports back for a missing comma or capital letter. They have files for each person and stuff it full of errors and minor issues with the hope of waving it in front of someone's face. They spend their time in time wasting meetings and follow those with mind numbing conference calls where you hear about how great they are. They are first to hang their crap on the walls of their office as a shrine to themselves. We all have seen it and unfortunately many have experienced it. There is no fix because the flaw is not really the person, it is the system they were exposed to and the only thing they know. They misinformed do detailed backgrounds but someone still approves their application. If I was the boss would make the applicant take a panoramic picture of their office and attach it to the application. A wall full of look at me crap? You're outta here! Pictures of cats? Apply elsewhere.

On the other hand, there are people that really want to work and are happy to do a great job. They are motivated and interested in the agency and the people we serve. You ask and they deliver. I had a supervisor that told me "some people came to work for an hourly wage. "I came to work for the Division". Those are the people that will be rated as outstanding regardless of the evaluation type. These are the people that tend to find like minded supervisors so they can succeed and thrive.

This is an easy job with high risk retirement. Don't let working a kid a few times a month distract you. It is important work and appreciated by a whole bunch of people you will probably never meet.

Morons with gold bars, eagles, oak leaves? Every agency has them. Some more than others. Look at it like this. When I take the kids to the zoo, I avoid the monkeys that like to toss their poo. Think about that lesson. This is your circus. These are your monkeys!
    EPIC and true

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123