Lateral question- no bs version
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Lateral question- no bs version

I need a call from somebody who’s not a complete retard to tell me good and bad about this department. 8 years on and transferring back to Florida. Before anyone says “go to Tampa” they’re full til late 2020. I have a proxy number through an app set up... 509 620 1061...

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    I called and verified who this person is. No, this is not their primary phone number. It's a throw away number just to post on here.

They are an active LEO working out west and wants to move back to Florida. They are wanting good solid information on your department. I can only tell him what I read on here, but he can do that himself. He needs someone from your department willing to give him the inside scoop if you would please.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    If you are using the word retard in the initial inquiry, you should probably stay out west. I doubt anyone will call you.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are using the word retard in the initial inquiry, you should probably stay out west. I doubt anyone will call you.
    Exactly, nor would we want that bit** a** loser. Go to Tampa in 2020, you would get eaten alive here

Unregistered
    Exactly, nor would we want that bit** a** loser. Go to Tampa in 2020, you would get eaten alive here

And this is why we can’t ever get quality people cause of dumbasses like you. Appropriate to say retard, ehhh not if you’re looking for a job, but we’ve all heard worse. The elitism of this agency hasn’t existed for a long time, so let’s not pretend that we’re tier 1 operators. Plus with the new hires we’ve been getting just about anyone is better.

On a side note if you’re looking for information just call HR and don’t expect to find anything worth while on here. Especially with Bob and his cronies trolling around on here

Unregistered
    If you want a steady paycheck, benefits and a pension, this agency fits you. It suited me so I stayed.

If you want career growth, promotions and special operations, forget it. The politics, nepotism, sexism and cronyism are horrible. Of course that could change if we get another sheriff. Or it might not. I stayed out of the mud pit and I am happy.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Unregistered
    If you want a steady paycheck, benefits and a pension, this agency fits you. It suited me so I stayed.

If you want career growth, promotions and special operations, forget it. The politics, nepotism, sexism and cronyism are horrible. Of course that could change if we get another sheriff. Or it might not. I stayed out of the mud pit and I am happy.

Good luck whatever you decide.
    I been around here under 4 sheriffs and the stuff you complain about has been here under all 4. That’s cause its the way it works. I got a buddy at TPD and they complain about the same stuff. It’s who you know, who you blow, etc. It’s no different anywhere. Think so and you are kidding yourself. Not all promotions suck and not all are good. Some get it for right reasons and other not so. Either play in the ballgame or stay out and if you stay out lay low and dont complain. Only get to complain if you play big league ball.

Unregistered
    Politics aside this is a great agency. Numerous opportunities for transfers and promotion. Great equipment, decent salary and benefits. You literally just need your certification, underwear and a t-shirt. They will give you the rest. Officers come here from PD’s within Pinellas, not the other way around. Unless your at Tampa, then you get paid big but work hard.

Unregistered
    I been around here under 4 sheriffs and the stuff you complain about has been here under all 4. That’s cause its the way it works. I got a buddy at TPD and they complain about the same stuff. It’s who you know, who you blow, etc. It’s no different anywhere. Think so and you are kidding yourself. Not all promotions suck and not all are good. Some get it for right reasons and other not so. Either play in the ballgame or stay out and if you stay out lay low and dont complain. Only get to complain if you play big league ball.
    There is always some level of politics and corruption involved within any administration but the current one is by far the worst. Bob promised to clean it up but he lets his command staff promote and favor their buddies.

I am not complaining because I have no desire for further promotion, I am just telling it like it is. The playing field is not level by any stretch of the imagination. This kind of corruption has no place in a modern and large LEO agency but it is here and it's widespread unfortunately.

Unregistered
    I need a call from somebody who’s not a complete retard to tell me good and bad about this department. 8 years on and transferring back to Florida. Before anyone says “go to Tampa” they’re full til late 2020. I have a proxy number through an app set up... 509 620 1061...
    Come to Tampa if you want to be a real cop it’s worth the wait. I work with several guys who came from Pinellas and they say there is Lots of backstabbing and fake people. As you can see by their board the average “male” deputy appears to act more like a 14 year old gossiping school girl then they do a cop. Choose wisely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast