LCSO,
I spent 35 years being a cop and I served with the best of the best. With that said, I can't believe what the hell is going on in Lee County. I moved down here seven years ago to enjoy the so called "paradise". There have been a few times that I requested the help of LCSO in order to handle a few things. In most of the occasions, I was not impressed with the response. Okay, I get it. The front line street dog isn't to blame here. It the end, it is the management. I had the privilege of working for the finest police department on the east coast for 25 years. Then, I spent 5 years serving for the best sheriffs office in the country. I served under the best chiefs and the best sheriff in the country at the time. I come down here and I witnessed the destruction of an agency that has the ability to be one of the finest law enforcement agencies in the country. I was not command staff. I was a street dog that eventually went into Major Crimes and other specialized units. So what I see happening here to the people that matter in LCSO is a crime. You are victims of an established corruption that exists within the law enforcement of this county. Unfortunately, there is only one former LCSO Major that will stand up to the existing sheriff. Based upon his reputation, most of you do not support them. After reviewing the current sheriffs bio, I don't see where he is qualified for the job. It's apparent that corruption is at heart here.

Why do I care? I lived it as a rookie. I had tickets pulled because I wrote a ticket to somebody that had strings that they could pull. At times, I stood up against commanders who wanted me to do things that were wrong. In the end, I stood my ground and maintained the only thing that was left was my honor.

So LCSO, you need to take a stand. Don't settle for lesser leadership than what you deserve. Being a cop here is only to get worse. Things are changing here. I lost five during my career.

In the end, I only want the best for all of you

You deserve the best leadership.

Your life depends on it.

Always,

Dawg

P.S.

Maybe I will run to end the madness.