Questions about department
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Questions about department

Hello, current Leo in Hillsborough county looking to move back over to pinellas. I have a few questions I hoping you guys can answer. I looked online but some stuff isn’t answered.
    - if you don’t have college will they still take you with experience? Do they not budge on that?
    - take home car policy? Only pinellas county?
    - How are the benefits?
    - Call volume, is there time to be proactive?
    - Do you guys have decent gear?
    - How is the moral around the department?

I know it’s a lot of questions but I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you and be safe.

Unregistered
    I’d look elsewhere. Morale is at an all time low here.

Unregistered
    Check out TPD. They have their problems but still way ahead of most agencies. Stay away from any agencies in Pinellas, except maybe PCSO.

Unregistered
    Definitely look elsewhere. Poorly staffed, micro managed and a culture of Monday morning QBack supervisors who personify “do as I say not as I do.” It’s where you come to get some training and experience and then move on. Look at the Facebook page, most new hires are green AF, kids with no prior experience and those that are only getting offers from Kenneth City and PPark. You rarely see a cop with experience lateraling there or getting hired unless they are from out of state, ex military or just don’t know any better.

If you were green and living at home with your parents I would tell you to jump on in. Perfect place for you. But, since you are already on the job, I would avoid PPPD like the plague that it is. It’s really sad because there are some great people and good officers here, but the supervision and poor morale make it unbearable. Good luck with your move. That’s about as nice as I can be on a public website. But it’s really much, much worse.

Larry Bird

Read carefully

It’s a very good chance you get labeled out of the gate once hired by Pinellas Park. Once labeled by the bully chief then game over! You could spend your entire career as a patrol officer which is fine if that’s what you want. It’s very difficult to do because it’s such low morale agency. Go to a bigger agency or one that supports their officers when the time gets difficult with the agency or family issues. Hold out until you can’t get hired somewhere and make PPARK your last choice!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird View Post
    It’s a very good chance you get labeled out of the gate once hired by Pinellas Park. Once labeled by the bully chief then game over! You could spend your entire career as a patrol officer which is fine if that’s what you want. It’s very difficult to do because it’s such low morale agency. Go to a bigger agency or one that supports their officers when the time gets difficult with the agency or family issues. Hold out until you can’t get hired somewhere and make PPARK your last choice!
    Big time.. The chief will size you up immediately, and he is very vindictive. If he doesn't like you, your career will be ruined. The department will write you up for every little thing, and other agencies will hold this against you, should you apply outside.. Live in a tent and eat at soup kitchens if you have to, before applying to this sh!thole.. The only thing I disagree with Larry Bird about, is the fact that you will spend the rest of your life in patrol... The agency WILL find a reason to fire you, then good luck finding another LEO job..

Unregistered
    The training coordinator just up and left today, so there is room for advancement!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The training coordinator just up and left today, so there is room for advancement!
    No Sh!t, JD left?

bolbol

I’m not a robot anymore but if you work for PPARK you will be !

Dear Chief Haworth, please get some help because YOU need it! You’re not understanding of your fellows coworkers and you’re the highest in command. Can you explain yourself ? Why are you such a jerk? It doesn’t matter to you!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by bolbol View Post
    Dear Chief Haworth, please get some help because YOU need it! You’re not understanding of your fellows coworkers and you’re the highest in command. Can you explain yourself ? Why are you such a jerk? It doesn’t matter to you!
    Agreed... Why this guy got groomed and picked as Chief is beyond me. Berger would have been the best choice to run this agency. But no, instead we get this clown. We can only hope the city manger fires him (like they did with the last tyrant (Cecil Milchan)).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast