Questions about department

Unregistered

Questions about department

Hello,

Current Leo in Hillsborough county looking to move back to pinellas. I have a few questions I can’t find on the website and was hoping to get some insight.

- How are the shifts, 12’s?
    - Is there a take home car policy, if so how is it and after how long?
    - Is there a step program for pay? Any talk of raises?
    - How is the call volume? Time to be proactive?
    - How is agency moral?
    - How are the benefits?
    - Can you apply for specialty units after a year?

I know it’s a lot of questions but i would greatly appreciate the insight.

Thank you and be safe

Unregistered
    Look somewhere else. If you come here, you will regret it. Until we get new admin this place will never be good.

Unregistered

Ride along

Don’t listen to that unhappy tool bag - we have a good department with some good cops and great equipment. I recommend you come do a ride along and/or talk to one of our recruiters (Scott Hutsko or Michael Rossi). Asking these questions on this site will likely just get you a lot of inaccurate negativity.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

Current Leo in Hillsborough county looking to move back to pinellas. I have a few questions I can’t find on the website and was hoping to get some insight.

- How are the shifts, 12’s?
    - Is there a take home car policy, if so how is it and after how long?
    - Is there a step program for pay? Any talk of raises?
    - How is the call volume? Time to be proactive?
    - How is agency moral?
    - How are the benefits?
    - Can you apply for specialty units after a year?

I know it’s a lot of questions but i would greatly appreciate the insight.

Thank you and be safe
    12 Hour shifts
    - Take home car in county after you are out of FTO
    - We do have a step and just got a raise
    - Decent call volume (some annoying calls and catering to the frequnet flyers, but that happens at any small agency). Plenty of time to be proactive and admin doesn't discourage it.
    - Moral is low but cops always complain. It is what you make of it like anywhere.
    -Benefits are pretty good, that is kind of a broad question
    - All specialty spots are full and will be for sometime.

Unregistered
    Don’t listen to that unhappy tool bag - we have a good department with some good cops and great equipment. I recommend you come do a ride along and/or talk to one of our recruiters (Scott Hutsko or Michael Rossi). Asking these questions on this site will likely just get you a lot of inaccurate negativity.
    Thanks for your imput Vincent, but we don't need your 2 cents.

Unregistered
    12 Hour shifts
    - Take home car in county after you are out of FTO
    - We do have a step and just got a raise
    - Decent call volume (some annoying calls and catering to the frequnet flyers, but that happens at any small agency). Plenty of time to be proactive and admin doesn't discourage it.
    - Moral is low but cops always complain. It is what you make of it like anywhere.
    -Benefits are pretty good, that is kind of a broad question
    - All specialty spots are full and will be for sometime.
    You left out how the admin is? That is why you do not want to come here.

Unregistered

Dumb

You left out how the admin is? That is why you do not want to come here.
    Nope. I don’t think they left anything out. Just because you think that doesn’t make it so champ. If things are so bad why don’t you leave? I’m guessing it’s because you are lazy. Too lazy to apply with another agency or maybe you know nobody will hire you. I’d rather work the street with our admin than with a toxic, crybaby, complainer like you. Realistically you are the reason people should not want to work with us because you don’t hold yourself accountable. You do just enough to get by and when you screw up you blame everyone else. No one wants to work with people like you - just ask them.

Unregistered
    Nope. I don’t think they left anything out. Just because you think that doesn’t make it so champ. If things are so bad why don’t you leave? I’m guessing it’s because you are lazy. Too lazy to apply with another agency or maybe you know nobody will hire you. I’d rather work the street with our admin than with a toxic, crybaby, complainer like you. Realistically you are the reason people should not want to work with us because you don’t hold yourself accountable. You do just enough to get by and when you screw up you blame everyone else. No one wants to work with people like you - just ask them.
    Thanks for your comments chief.