VOTE - Juan Perez - Vote of No Confidence - TAKE THE SURVEY - Link Included - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3020090]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So did I and I voted YES! So easy to swim against the current . . . from the riverbank. If any of you who voted NO, were to be in Perez' shoes, you would be doing the same as he is. He is a political appointee, serving at Gimenez's pleasure. The managerial conditions and lack of leadership at MDPD inflicted since the strong mayor form of government became the norm, have exemplified why an elected Sheriff is so desperately needed. A person elected by Miami Dade voters and accountable to only them and the Governor in cases of extreme negligence, as in Broward County.

Pursuant to Article IV, section 7(a), of the State Constitution; not just the caprice of the governor.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/ExecutiveSuspensions
    I am not positive about this, but I do not think that the Governor can remove Director Perez because he is not elected and is appointed.

Unregistered
    Now why cant the PBA do this for real?

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3020160]

I am not positive about this, but I do not think that the Governor can remove Director Perez because he is not elected and is appointed.
    We were referencing the elected sheriff; not the appointed MDPD police director. That person serves at the strong mayor's pleasure; so long as Perez follows Gimenez' orders, he will be your director until next year, when a new mayor will be elected. Hopefully that will be Alex Penelas, who should bring a new team to, once again, effectively lead MDPD

Unregistered
    Whether the governor can remove him as a sheriff or not makes no difference to me right now. I vote no confidence

Unregistered
    Whether the governor can remove him as a sheriff or not makes no difference to me right now. I vote no confidence
    I vote for Nick Navarro for Sheriff! The 2 Live Crew as nasty as they wanna be, performing live at the ceremony. lol

Unregistered
    I vote for Nick Navarro for Sheriff! The 2 Live Crew as nasty as they wanna be, performing live at the ceremony. lol
    In reality, it will be the little Dancing Boy Queen performing with the new fictionally-ranked driver as a hype man.

Unregistered
    It is about time that someone did this. Why can't the PBA do this. Someone should make the press aware of this and see if we can get this ball rolling against Director Perez.

Unregistered
    This Director has a lot to be proud of. Most untrusted and disliked director in Dada County history. Can’t wait to see you remove your badge again, but this time in retirement. Not on a staged publicity stunt In front of cameras. You can leave knowing that no one else could have done a better job at destroying this agency, and the morale of its men and women. Way to go little man.

Unregistered
    This Director has a lot to be proud of. Most untrusted and disliked director in Dada County history. Can’t wait to see you remove your badge again, but this time in retirement. Not on a staged publicity stunt In front of cameras. You can leave knowing that no one else could have done a better job at destroying this agency, and the morale of its men and women. Way to go little man.
    Very true.

Unregistered
    Horrible leadership

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast